Copy a Bank from one Project to another

Awesome! Thats what I’ve been looking for :slight_smile:

Bank 9 in Project 1

has been moved to:

Bank 9 in Project 2

-NOW-

Is it possible to move a Bank do a separate Bank within the same Project?

For example if I wanted Bank 9 to be Bank 5.

Not the end of the world if I can’t but it would help my flow if it were possible…

Thank You Rusty!!

Is this software editor still available?

http://octaedit.com

2 Likes

Arrgghhh…Looks like he took the software offline while developing OE2 Beta

Currently unavailable to purchase whilst I’m polishing off v2; and due to other personal reasons / stuff and things; everything got delayed a little bit.

More details here

1 Like

Is the LE version available? I have recently purchased an Octatrack and I would like to try this software out somehow.

No, I’m afraid not.

I’m busy working on stuff and things; should have more news soon(ish)

2 Likes

Ok thanks

Hopefully it will be worth the wait :expressionless:

2 Likes

If you’re twitchy about using file manager and losing work (like me!), you can also copy the part and each track over to a new project (via project>change), then re-assign the samples as mentioned above, effectively copying a bank. Bit more laborious but works.

1 Like

I have been a heavy OT user for years now and JUST realized that you can do this! No, you cannot copy full banks across projects but you can copy Patters and Parts which = banks - samples. But if you want to do this by “hand” this is an easy way to accomplish this. Does take a little more time but copies seamlessly. Literally all of my problems can be solved by just doing the easiest thing possible!

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply and pulling up the necro… :grimacing:

That means if I leave all my samples in place in audio-folder (every track has it´s own subfolder)
I can start a new project and simply drag my banks around?

I am asking because I have a lot of tracks set up in the last few weaks .
When my bandmates change the setlist for a gig, I can sort them to be in a row?

Thank you all for supporting Octatrack newbies. :blush:

Best
Mario

I would use the arranger and chain the different arrangements according the wanted order.

All of this is a bit cumbersome, it was thought and made by engineers not real life musicians who have to go on stage.

Yes, of course. Banks are Songs in my setup.
I have only 8 pers set because I need to send PC messages to let my DT play along.
DT has only 8 banks.

There is quite a bit of organisation necessery.

But to be honest, I don´t understand what you are trying to say.
Is this a recommendation? :thinking:

This as well. How on earth do they pull out incompatible products at this level? Me don’t get it.

Did you read the post?

No, I usually just answer… :rofl: :joy:
Of course did I read it. But I was thinking about how this could be usefull when reorganising sets.
When exporting to a new set I still have to reorganize right?

You talked about your own struggles and giving up with it.
Then you mentioned a possibility to export to new. This is interesting but does not relate to what I was asking for (imho).
Please forgive me if I missunderstood you. :smiley:

I need to sort multiple banks (my songs) to a new project but into different banks than in the previous project.
If understand this right it will only export to a new project. But I need to sort banks from different projects.

Didn´t mean any harm, ok? :smiley:

In the post i linked i try to explain how to transfer a bank across projects, whatever the number of the bank.
Don’t mind the intro, just pay attention on the how-to part. You can assign it to Bank 1 or 12, it is the same.

Whenever you copy a part, the main issue is that the pointers to the samples are kept as such so you need to recreate these links so they are not broken.
If in Project A Bank 1, the track 5 points towards Kick32.aiff in slot 56 and you want to copy that bank to Project B Bank 13 but the slot 56 is already occupied, you’,l have to manage this somehow.
Same for the P-locked samples.

Then for reorganizing a set, it is another story. It is a PITA to copy bank even if doable, you don’t want to do it each time you want a new setlist order or you’ll end up with dozens of folders with same samples and naming them to load the proper one would be a struggle as well.
For this I recommend the use the arranger and its chains.

Copy patterns and parts is boring.

You can copy / paste a bank on the card (computer or OT file manager).
16 patterns and 4 parts