Cool hardware audio processing units

Anyone own/try a Koma elektronik field kit FX? Looks awesome with some unique features but not a lot of fanfare on the web.

1 Like

I want a Klark Teknik LA2A clone and two KT Pultec clones. Wish they’d hurry up and started selling them in the EU already, those bloody ayumericans get all the fun :sleepy:

And I want a Boss RV-500… and MD-500!

1 Like

They must be made with lead.

Me too. I don’t have the funds for it right now, otherwise I would def go for it. The demos are not telling enough. But those specs and those looks, and the guy behind it are reasons enough for me. Whenever I have the money, i will order one for sure

And the best marketing on their website too - ‘…anti-vandal Momentary Switch for the EG trigger. Even in the middle of an hearthquake you can trigger your EG without problems’ - nice.

I’ve got these in a neat wooden box, powered by 1 regular 12v adapter and dc plug daisy, plus a 4x USB hub providing availability of all controls to my PC and internal mini-modular re-programming via the Customizer app. Great for tactile noodling and capturing happy accidents, endless fun, particularly if you also hook up a midi sync’ed cv sequencer (even an SQ1) to plock the controls with a Digitakt or any other synth

Hadn’t seen these vids before … nice actual usage demos, though the reviewer seems to have some harsh EQ over the top, they don’t sound as raspy as the youtube audio.

4 Likes

I think this looks really promising:

“Dynamically control combinations of pedals and Eurorack effects with crossover filtering and crossfading”

5 Likes

I’m already over saturated with “X” designations.

Looks good but I heard the MOD Duo fx quality weren’t very good…

2 Likes

These really do look nice.

You can pick them up for a lot less than their original RRP, especially the bitrazer and torcido. They’re very well built and sound great. You’ll most likely need to get some quarter inch to 3.5mm mono jack cables though (unless you have eurorack format gear).

1 Like

Personally I’m waiting to see what the Zoia offers. If it doesn’t work out Ill probably either go Nord micro or put a small FX skiff together with these in mind.

1 Like

Anyone used a RED SOUND FEDERATION? Very cool box with nice delay,filter,Panning and cutter all synced to audio BPM (can then out put midi )or Midi (pro version) and all variable with the analog joystick.Even a basic sequencer for the FX built in.This thing sounds good to my ears and can transform simple loops and noises/rhythms …All real time knobs too.Simple but complex.And not a nasty shrill modern high frequency in sight.

Edit-not juicy tho…

I may have to pick one of these up for guitar.

Goddammit, why did I start to read this thread? Really have had my GAS under control.
Until.
Now.
Shite.

3 Likes

No one’s blaming you. This new wave of boxes is beautiful.

1 Like

I have exactly 190x90cm and a shitton of stuff already sitting on it, the rest is boxed and stowed.
But hey :rofl:
The Karacter would still fit into the rack and the Thyme will go up in 2nd floor.
I’m accepting donations.

1 Like

yeh
thank god I’ll be skint for a few years to come, there won’t be any money left for this stuff (new mixer, 1073 pre/eq, headphone amp x 2, three sets of cans, 300€ worth of cables etcetc :zonked: )

1 Like

that one would be stereo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Come on bruh you’re gonna need something sick to put in all that!

2 Likes