SOLVED! Convince me to keep my modular

I’ve sold most of my modules over the last year or so and left with these, which I never really get much inspiration from. I’ve got a push, syntakt and op-z and have been procrastinating whether just to sell the whole modular or if maybe I just need to re design it and give it some purpose?

3 Likes

Sell it.

17 Likes

Sell it.

7 Likes

Sell it.

6 Likes

Sell it.

5 Likes

Sell it.

8 Likes

Sell it.

Why?

That rack isn’t doing a whole lot. It would be better to cut loose and put your dollars and focus elsewhere than it would be to augment that rack.

9 Likes

Get an ES8 - feed it weird modulations from PNW & Maths etc and use these to modulate Ableton - or get Bitwig 5.

2 Likes

Did someone say sell it already?

You can pick up all that again very easily in the future.

5 Likes

It makes a great studio decoration.

If you record a video of a DAWless jam, you can fiddle with the knobs and patching(even though the outputs aren’t being fed anywhere)-people will think you’re so cool.

Thats the only reason to not

Sell it

6 Likes

Yep get rid. I have a bunch of stuff too. I stopped investing some years back and glad that I stopped myself before selling off all my vintage gear in hope of the promised land. Limitations are a GOOD thing afterall

1 Like

Ha, I do use it to look fancy on zoom calls!

3 Likes

Well, there you have it.

Keep it. :grinning:

5 Likes

Forgot to mention I have a Cocoquantus for maximum I have no clue what I’m doing esoteric silliness

2 Likes

I came here to say sell it but so many already did that I’m now in the keep it camp!

10 Likes

Keep that though that’s modular enough.

And no one knows what theyre doing aside from maybe Peter himself.

5 Likes

It will be worth double in 2024.

2 Likes

@boboter does nice things with it <3

4 Likes

It’s hard to tell, what your setup is supposed to do. Did you have something in mind, which can’t be done by the everage subtractive synth and the modular should do?

If yes … make up your mind, plan your dream-modular, identify the modules you would need to achieve your objectives, get them, and have fun.

If no … sell it.

3 Likes

Sell it.

4 Likes