Convince me on the Analog Heat

I think you are right. Just talked to my real estate agent, and 1 Saturn = 3 Jupiters. A bit out if my price range at the moment.

2 Likes

I feel that man. I can’t even afford a parcel of land on Earth.

3 Likes

Mine came today and wowzer it really breathes life into my synths like the sterile sounding Roland TR-08 Rhythm composer. I fed it into the Heat and messed about with settings and really gets me into crazy techno house sounds easily using LFOs and distortion to warp the otherwise dull Roland TR-08! Looking forward to recording with it and my synths for end of signal chain tool.

3 Likes

Hey all,

This seems like the best thread to ask my quick question on.
I just want to double check - Is there anything from the AH mk2 which doesn’t appear on the Mk2+FX?

If money is no issue, is there any reason at all why I should buy the older AH mk2 instead of a AH Mk2+FX?

Many thanks!

4 Likes

I think it’s just a superset, can’t seem to locate any missing elements between them. The changes were material enough to skip mk3 status?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for letting me know.
I assumed it would be an odd choice to take away anything that was already working, but just wanted to idiot-check myself before I went any further with my GAS daydreams.

1 Like

Admittedly those daydreams do best with arbitrary reasons to not GAS.

1 Like
5 Likes

Don’t worry I’m totally in control of it. I’m just looking for that one final thing that will complete my sound and then I’m done… :grimacing:

4 Likes

On that contrary, I would say don’t buy it until they release a new firmware update that fixes the low output volume. You’ll have to use gain in your daw after the fact to make up for lost volume when using the AH + FX as a mastering effect with low levels of drive.

1 Like

I never noticed this before, but the Goldbaby Elektron soundpack should help convince more people about creative use of the AH. All these one shots are created with the AH as soundsource!

2 Likes

This is the one thing stopping me from grabbing an AH, I’m trying to go dawless and an EOC that always needs to be boosted after isn’t too appealing, my understanding is that I can drive it to bring it up in volume but maybe I want it more subtle :thinking:

Are ppl who gig with the AH as their EOC always telling FOH to boost them by 12-20db? The alt I’m considering is a LPD 2ube valve pedal + RNLA