Controlling the filter on all 4 voices

So couldn’t find the answer to this…

I’m loving the poly mode of the A4 but It seems like I’m only controlling the filter on one voice.

Is there a way like perhaps perf knobs. I set the destination to F2 freq. Only one voice…i even tried going to each track and map f2 freq…but no go again… Digitakt sending cc 19 to A4`s auto channel but still only one voice…

Am I doing something wrong?

Auto channel doesn’t work, because this channel only controls the active track.

I’m not sure what you have done, but you can assign up to 5 parameters from any track to a single performance knob.

You don’t need to go through each track to do this. For example just assign T1 FLT FRQ, T2 FLT FRQ, T3 FLT FRQ and T4 FLT FRQ to one of the performance knobs and you are done.

Please read the section about performance mode in the manual.

BTW: From your question it isn’t clear if you want to control it from an other machine via MIDI, but when you have set up a performance knob like explained above it should work to send the corresponding MIDI CC to the A4 afterwards (see Performance Parameters in Appendix D: MIDI).

2 Likes

Hmm, can’t get that to work…

Thanks I’ll keep reading…

It’s the T1 above the assignment for the five parameters

Can you point me to how it changes…

It’s right under my nose too… I’m sorry

Yeah I’d like to control it either way

Perf knob works if I can figure it out.

I’m close…

1. FUNC+PERF
  2. perf configure
  3. select the performance knob you want to configure

Then to change the track (press one of the encoders A-E):

Press DATA ENTRY knobs A–E to select the track from which parameters you want to assign to the macro.

And for controlling via MIDI: There is a PERF CHANNEL setting in the MIDI setup. Maybe that’s the channel you need to send the performance CCs to? Haven’t tried that.

1 Like

I’ve got perf A set up

T1 Filter freq depth:127

It should read

T2 Filter freq depth:127
T3 Filter freq depth:127
T4 Filter freq depth:127

Page 12? 17?

See my last posting. You can change the track by pressing one of the encoders A-E in the setup page.

1 Like

Cool user error…

I kept pressing and turning…

Don’t turn…got it…

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve done that, too, the first few times :wink:

It’s would be more logical to change it this way …

Cool and I’m seeing I can use the Digitakt to seq perf A via cc3 …

Working great! Thank you

1 Like

Now a complete new universe of sound manipulations awaits you. It’s a chore to set it up, but once done, it’s like magic to control 5 different parameter from any track with a single knob. And there are 10 knobs. You can really go crazy … :smiley:

3 Likes