Controlling the Digitakt via the Model Cycles

Hooked up the M:C to the DT because I really wish every Elektron instrument had a chance knob!

3 Likes

Hi @sinkingfeeling

I’ve got here from search. As you’re clearly capable from the music above, I wonder if you can help?

I’ve DT and an M:C, I want drums on DT and a chord sequence on M:C

Do I compose and save the chord sequence on the M:C then get the DT to start that at the correct time, or programme the MIDI on the DT to make a chord sequence on the M:C?

I’m new to the technical side of this, MIDI particularly. If you re able to help (even ‘yes/no’) that would be a help :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes

Jack

I usually compose on each individual instrument. Then you can either choose to have them chained or not. If you don’t have them chained then you can have each instrument doing individual chains and that’s cool too.

However, sounds to me like you’re trying to compose the chords on the M:C and the drums on the DT with a midi cable in between or computer connection etc.

Thanks for replying. I want both playing at once. I can now control the MC from the DT. Very basic only.
You’re correct, I do want drums/perc from DT with FM chords from the MC playing the same one song.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re pretty much there! Just make sure your program change midi channels are the same and the DT is set to send and the M:C is set to receive!

Thanks for the encouragement.
I’m going to work out a bit more MIDI today, use DT to change stuff on MC.
I’ve really appreciated the replies
Best wishes
Jack

1 Like