Controlling MachineDrum With MIDI

awesome thanks!

Very easy to trigger. There is a map were you can choose notes.
Exhaustive CC midi implementation, 4 tracks per midi channel.

2 Likes

in the manual is has hex values and dec values. Does dec refer to midi value?

yes

thanks!

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

You might already seen this.
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/4065/machinedrum-haters

1 Like

Back to topic, I read sysex part. It’s possible to change Lfo target track / dest with sysex.
You can also change machines.

Maybe it would solve some of my problems.

Midi newbie here, I rarely use it…however is it possible to control a single parameter of a particular track using midi? For example changing the pitch of E12-BC through keys on a midi keyboard.

Thanks, James.

You need a midi processor to map midi notes to MD pitch. Pitch values are not chromatic.

1 Like

Thank you

Controlling MD with OT, 4 tracks, random machine changes with sysex. MD lfos on CTR AL machine.
Ram resampling for retrig.

Thanks to @InductiveOne for precious help !
Made a new patch randomizer for max

5 Likes

The bank buttons on my machine drum arnt working and I can’t get it fixed, is it possible to to set up a controller to replace the buttons? Iv tried looking in the manual but I either dont under stand or can’t find what I’m looking for.

You can change MD patterns with midi Program Changes, eventually with midi Notes (if you set notes in Map Editor).
You can use a controller or a keyboard sending those midi messages.

2 Likes

Do you know if I can open the mute and swing functions?

Mutes for sure, I don’t think it’s possible to set swing with regular Control Changes. Maybe with sysex.
Probably possible to repair your buttons.

2 Likes

Iv had trouble getting them looked at, I replaced them myself but no change :frowning: this is really helpfull though thanks! One day I’ll buy a new working one but this should keep it going for now!

1 Like

Total shot in the dark but while looking at info on this forum about MiniCommand and MegaCommand, I thought I read about hidden sysex messages that controlled buttons on the Machinedrum. It was part of a list of hidden sysex values and these buttons may have been part of it. If you find the list and have a midi controller that sends out sysex messages, that may do it?

2 Likes

As @sezare56 points out, you can mute individual tracks by sending MIDI CC messages to the MD.

Indeed, @JustinValer posted a list of undocumented SysEx commands for the MD, including commands to hold and release bank buttons and open/close swing and mute windows, here:

2 Likes

I Have a Question to this Device: Do you think I can record MIDI information to that? I wish to Jam on the MD on a production. Afterwards I want to record Single tracks or groups from the Main Out based on the recorded MIDI data to process the groups or tracks with the main effects.
It would really help as Jamming with little editing afterwards is my main workflow for composition and I still want the capability to edit sounds separately.