Control Knobs + Multi Map

The DNK just arrived. Got a quick question if anybody knows. When you turn a Control Knob for, say, the filter, I noticed that when Multi Map is engaged that the modulation only takes effect while the knob is being turned, and then every sound’s filter snaps back. Is it possible to disable this and have the modulated filter persist on every sound even when the knob isn’t being turned? That is, I don’t expect every sound in the sound pool to be modified, I just want the modulation to persist.

Nope, multimap works like if it was a soundpool trig on the target track, some workaround is to prepare some macro like modwheel. But thats not really user friendly and it will modulate all modwheels’ patches of the target tracks.

I bet a workaround might be using Fixed Velocity in the Multi Map editing screen. You’d have to set up Velocity modulation in each sound. But at least you could control an entire range of sounds by going into a single range’s settings.

The mod wheel is also a good workaround.

[EDIT] I confused myself, the mod wheel is a workaround but not a good one for this. It is however a good workaround for persisting modulation of a track you’re live performing on across patterns.