Control all digitakt.tricks

anybody else bummed that it doesn’t work over chains? i guess it’s because there are no kits,…but i just set up a new song with 2 8 bar bits and tried control all filtering and it jumps to whatever it was .

2 Likes

Yes, i’m totally bummed out by that. F–cks up my plans to use pattern chains live. So back to using 4bar patterns. :frowning:

Is there a way to control all the tracks except one track ? So you can mess around with everything while leaving lets say the kick the same. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Use a ‘sound’ on that track / step
I think it might stop it being effected

Or parameter lock every parameter on each step ( which is what sounds effectively do )

I think. It’s been a while since I delved into sounds.

3 Likes

Makes me remind of my latest video i made. In the"bridge" i did some CTRL-All stuff.
Sometimes some tracks are not doing the CTRL-All thing and stay how they are. I don’t know why, but sometimes it sounds cool :smiley:
BTW, some of you guys know why ?

1 Like

Always wear shades when I am here on this forum… along with having the manual memorized verse and line since so often directing a person to the manual is the “helpful advice” given…:sunglasses:

Anyone have any tips on how to get “SP 404”-like master effects like beat repeat/fx looper, isolator etc? :slight_smile:

A mini kaoss pad will do the trick! Nice and cheap.

1 Like

Oh, great idea – thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Need to try this! Do you have a sound where you actually do this out there?

For me Ctrl-All is one of the best features on DT.
It’s a shame that it is not available for MIDI tracks. It would be great to find it in future updates

1 Like

Nice and cheap and clipping as hell:) It just doesn’t make justice sticking this to the DT’s outputs.

My fav Ctrl-All is --> sample_length to something small (1-7), then bit-crush to something high (90+), then play with the filter/resonance/filter envelope

while the bit crusher on longer samples is not my taste, applied on small bits of samples I like it

How can I record the parameters change when using controll all?

You can’t.

You’re better off just midi loopbacking and settting all tracks to the same midi channel and recording the parameters there

Oh sad… So controll all is just usefull in a live context?

Or recording, yes.

1 Like

I’m on the latest firmware 1.11. Maybe I’m confused but I think my DT acts kind of weird. When I parameter lock some trigs, say hihats, to ex reverb to zero and then use “control all” to change the reverb for all other sounds/trigs, isn’t it supose to lock those “locked” reverb trigs and not change the reverb for those hihats trigs? My trigs do change, despite I lock then not to. They change during playback when I turn the encoder but goes back to dry reverb when I leave the encoder. Makes sence?

Can you actually p.lock REV and DLY values?

Reverb and delay amount then. Doesn’t matter what I chose. I p.lock 16 trigs of hihats to tune. When “control all” + tune, everything but those hihats should change tune right? Hihats change to, during the turning of the encoder, but goes back to 0.00 tune when I let go of the encoder…