Constant blinking

hi guys, still old OS on my OT …

track 3 is blinking constantly, and seemingly I can mute it … deleted the flex machine, still it is behaving weird …

where to look for an answer?

thanks in advance!

1 Like

Is track 3 cued?

3 Likes

Hi Peter HAnes,

thanks for your quick answer!

the track was indeed cued!

pressing the cue button showed me quickly that I can also do that blinking action to other tracks, AND have it stopped alltogether …

I am so far not really familiar with this cue option, but I assume I read somewhere it has to do with internal sound routing …

thanks again… less blinking gives me the feeling I have this beast under control!

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ah, thanks a lot!

I had this once and secretly wondered what this was about. :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: I think Elektron need to update their manual with a section of answers to questions like this and call it “Are you lost and have no idea what is going on with your OT” I’ve had the OT mk2 for almost a year and when I saw my track 3 button blinking and couldn’t suss through the menu’s to get some sort of visual feed back or notice any changes that I could see as to why it was blinking I thought, how am I going to look up what this is in the manual? Then just thought, well I’ll just try typing this in the search and see what happens. This was the first thing that came up. Or maybe just a whole collection of “Newb questions you thought were too dumb to ask” No I haven’t recorded internally accept for two times when I first tried sampling from the audio in, but didn’t have my mic amped and couldn’t boost the signal much. So I just haven’t been sampling much as I have a ton of audio to work with and just midi sequence my external synths for new parts. -Dumb newb. he he he.

2 Likes

Right? I had to make a cheat sheet called LED Colors. Went through every page of the manual and wrote down what the different LED colors and brightness mean. Just checked and I wrote that 2 weeks after I bought the OT and was still referring to it probably 2 years after I got it.

Even after 8 years I’m still learning stuff. This thread had me scrolling through the manual and I learned that I can now clear multiple p-locks on a trig instead of clearing the locks one by one (Trig + Play = Clear Locks).

4 Likes

thanks for the answer ya’ll!

just to be explicit for anyone else who stumble across this:

press and hold cue while selecting a track to enable / disable cue (and the blinking light issue)

Yes! Same here, first did this with the Digitone and still need it to get out of the track mutes. Even after 3 years of ownership I still have a WTF moment with this. (To add to the confusion, the manual is wrong on the subject). For the OT (3 years of practice too) I still need to be remembered about trigless trigs and trigless locks and dim green/vs full green leds.

It’s also a matter of what part of the OT you use on a daily basis, and what functionalitien not that often. Having found a use for cue that has become essential in my workflow, I have no trouble spotting a cued track. I use one shot record trigs a lot less (every 6 months or so) so I still need to go back to the manual to know what led colors are associated with that part of the OT

1 Like