Considering an Analog Four MK2

I highly recommend the Thadius Beck tutorial on Macprovideo.

1 Like

nice. Have fun!

Ugh. The number 3 button the sequencer randomly makes a loud noise on release when pressing it. Like itā€™s sticking a bit.

Is this a known issue still after two years and an easy fix for it? Or do I have to go back with it? :frowning:

I sold a moog grandmother because I wasnā€™t using it enough. About to sell a rev 2 as well. I always end up gravitating back to my A4.

2 Likes

I too am seriously thinking about getting an A4. My two biggest concerns are how deep is it? As in how much can you tweak and adjust sounds and parameters? And perhaps most importantly how does it function as more of a instrument? As in playability? The demos Iā€™ve watched seem to suggest that too really get the most out of it it requires a lot of setting up parameters and patterns. Right wrong?

If you want, you can simply load up a sweat patch and play it without worrying about the sequencer at all. Hereā€™s an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nMaDYazVy8

Currently selling my Octatrack to finance an A4 MKII. My friend uses an A4 and itā€™s just everything I could ever want out of a synth. Itā€™s a pretty special machine. He often refers to it as a sound designerā€™s dream and heā€™s not wrong.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also considering an A4 mkii after watching that new flick with that ohoneoh (I cant remember the names) and learning that the soundtrack was mainly an A4. I have Rytm mkii and not afraid to admit that I am in love with a machine. My concern with adding the A4 is being overwhelmed with features and having to contend with 2 machines. I already spend hours perfecting beats that could still use perfecting so adding the A4 is just going to require more time and potentially distracting me from making the sickest detailed beats but I feel like I need more melody in my chart topping hits than what I am currently doing with just the Rytm.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

3 Likes

Would be interested to know what film this is. Mainly the A4 used . Wow. Does anyone know?

I wish I could remember the name but Iā€™m kind of a space cadet!

Edit!

Good Time

Awesome flick

Soundtrack by oneohtrix

1 Like

Cheers guys. Oneotrix is one of my favs. Iā€™ve got his Replica album.

Canā€™t find any mention of the A4 being used on Good Time. Got a link?

https://reverb.com/news/the-official-oneohtrix-point-never-reverb-shop-preview says a Waldorf Microwave XT was used in that soundtrack. The A4 is also listed there, but it doesnā€™t say anything about using it on that soundtrack.

1 Like

I thought I read it here. I could be wrong. Sorry if I mislead anyone. Iā€™ve had a microwave XT for many years and that sound track wasnā€™t really reminiscent of the XT but people use gear in different ways so I guess itā€™s not impossible.

Also a Korg Kronos X was used extensively. Oh well nice thought :slight_smile: