Connecting the digitone to a sound card

Hello :slight_smile:

I have problems with overbridge (crashing every 10minutes) so I wanted to connect my alpha base to the digitone which would be connected to my Scarlett 2i2.

The problem is that I do not have midi ports on the 2i2. Is it possible to connect the digitone with jacks to the line in / out of the 2i2? And then record in ableton ? Because I tried and got no sound. Iā€™m new to the hardware world so maybe I am wrong for ableton settings.

Thanks !

The Digitone should support support class compliant audio over USB - that is without using overbridge.

Overbridge is only needed if you want the four separate tracks, as well as using the plugins to control the Digitone.

OS 1.31 - and in the manual 6.7
/Thomas

1 Like

Oh well I didnā€™t know that ! Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

But then you use the digitone AS soundcard.
It may open other problems.

possibly. depends upon a lot of factors.

also if @zolyosfx is on a Mac, they can create an aggregate sound device with both the Scarlett and the Digitone.

Thanks for taking some time to answer

Iā€™m on windows so unfortunately I canā€™t do that (Mac seems better for music production tho)

And I tried to use it without overbridge but the problem is from windows I think (the usb cable keep ā€œdisconnectingā€)

Maybe I should buy another sound card with midi

It should be perfectly possible to connect your Digitone to the inputs of your 2i2. Make sure you have the 2i2 set as your input audio device in Ableton (in audio preferences), to arm the track you want to record in, have the track monitoring set to ā€˜autoā€™ and you should be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I was you I would try to fix the USB problemā€¦ this isnā€™t normal. Overbridge is awesome to avoid such obstacles.

Thanks I will try tonight !

I saw that some people had this problem, sent tickets to elektron, but got no answers so I gave up on fixing that

Yeahā€¦ maybe try another hub, driver, cable? USB 3, 2, 4 - I guess there are some things to try out?

I will, thanks for your help :slight_smile: