Connecting OT and DT and finishing tracks

Yo, so basically I got a DT and fell in love with it. Then decided to get the OT. A much harder box to learn. Now that i feel like i’ve come to grips with the device and what i’m making needs the use of a second machine to handle my drummy things. I gotta figure out how to connect them and what i’m working with. What would be the most efficient way to connect these two boxes and is there a way for pattern changes on one to make patterns change on the other. (I’m at work while i’m mulling over these ideas so i can’t test things myself. Just looking for a base to have before i go home). How do you guys finish full songs with the OT. My mastering will probably be done in Ableton but i’d like to get as far in as possible before touching a mouse and keyboard.

Thanks a ton.

1 Like

The simplest way to get started is to keep sequencing on both instruments and have their pattern changes synchronized. This post from a previous topic gives the basic instructions:

This is a bigger question and there is plenty of discussion for you to check out already:

2 Likes

Dude thanks! I think you’ve commented on a few of my earlier posts months ago as well and you pretty much always come through. Also is your avatar from the movie waking life?

Quick question? I have everything set up how I’d like between my OT and DT. but I do a lot of editing on my OT and the tracks on my DT also adjust to the knob turns there. What setting would fix that if any? or do I just need to P lock all of my steps/change the knob back after every OT edit?

The quickest method is to disactivate RECEIVE CC/NRPN in the Digitakt’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu.

Or you could stop the problem at its source by setting AUDIO CC OUT to “INT” in the OT’s PROJECT > MIDI > CONTROL menu.

1 Like

I thought those were the settings I needed to have for the DT to detect pattern change signals?
I’ll give it a shot though and play around with some knobs. Thanks

They are not; those would be PROGRAM CHANGE SEND or RECEIVE.

1 Like