Connecting M:C and M:S - ideas for a mixer?

Hey Elektronauts!

I am in love with my M:C and had in mind to buy an M:S as well. For me this would be an awesome and portable setup, but:

Since there are no audio inputs - is there an option to sync the audio of both machines WITHOUT an additional mixer (maybe via audio over usb)?

Thanks for your help!

flo

No problem if you are on OSX.

You can also sync them with midi and record them on a soundcard with multiple inputs.

I hope this makes sense. Good luck!

1 Like

Without a mixer, multi-input soundcard or a computer (as @Electronicsheep suggested), there’s not much you can do unfortunately. It would be awesome if audio could be passed digitally between the two, but it’s unlikely to happen. My suggestion would be to save a little more to get a Digitakt. That way, you can use its inputs for your Cycles, sample things at will and have a more capable sampler at your disposal (and better midi options too).

4 Likes

I thought there was some limitation with rhe DT’s audio inputs (i.e it is not like the DN, A4, OT etc.)?

My suggestion would be to save a little more to get a Digitakt. That way, you can use its inputs for your Cycles, sample things at will and have a more capable sampler at your disposal (and better midi options too).

This is exactly how I have been jamming lately. Also, I like the feel of the buttons and knobs on the Digitakt much more than the M:C.

they sum your stereo signal to mono

2 Likes

I already possess the big boxes (AR,A4,OT) - and was looking for a small and portable (hardware-only setup).

So M:C as stand alone is the way to go.
Audio in would have been an awesome addition to this really cool groovebox…

1 Like

Ok - could not resist and bought M:S …
Any ideas for a small and portable mixer?

Cheers!

In b4 “Get an OT”. :grin:

If you just want to mix the two Models and don’t plan to expand further, you can get a Mackie Mix5 or a Yamaha MG06. There’s also the Roland Go:Mixer (or the Pro version) and the TC Helicon Blender which are super portable. Or else, you can check DigDugDIY Etsy shop, he makes the smallest mixer ever.

I’m curious to see what people think about the 1010 Bluebox once it’s been on the market for a while. It’s super compact, 6 stereo channels, and multi-track recording.

2 Likes

Also, this looks really intriguing (ouch looks DIY only though):

2 Likes

oooh nice. theres always the ubiquitous belkin rockstar.
i use the passive bird electronics mixer from japan

they also made a mini dj mixer:

2 Likes

Ok - really looking great - although I am not a big fan of touch screens …

DIY would not be the problem - but time is …
(Unfortunately there seems to be no complete kit)

Yeah, that is the main thing that rubs me the wrong way about it, but I’ve heard good things about the touch screens on their other products, so it might not be that bad. If it were also a multi-track audio-interface, I’d probably buy it immediately.

Not that much alternatives :frowning:
Imagine an OT with 6 stereo inputs, an audio interface AND the option to record directly on CF or sd :slight_smile:

are you looking for a mixer with knobs and/or faders? if so reverb.com has a lot of good used gear for decent prices. word to the wise, getting a mixer that has a bit more inputs than you think you’ll need is not a bad option. you don’t want to do what I did and have to sink some more money into an upgrade as your sound/gear expands.