Connecting a Moog DFAM > A4 MKII

So on another forum some people said I could send the Gate of the A4 to the DFAM and have it receive start/stop, clock sync. I’m not positive how to set this up. I assume I need two cables like these? Hook these two cables from the CV/GAte out of the A4 to the start/stop, Adv / Clock of the DFAM?

Then put a trig for CV on the 1 and the 9 on the A4?

So did you reach to control DFAM start/stop/clock with A4 ? Did you obtain some accuracy in sync ?
I would like to know, cause DFAM calls me, but I don’t want to just use it as sound machine to be sampled.

1 Like

It depens on the goal! You can set 1 cv channel to clock und just send this cv channel into DFAM Adv in.
Or you can do step based advancing. Then set cv channel to gate/trig and send this cv channel to DFAM Adv in. Dfam will advance on every trig you have set in the A4 Sequencer … that means incl. trig conditions :slight_smile: This way you can do poly rhytmic stuff.

Not sure about the start/stop thing! Doesn´t the DFAM have “Auto-Run” like Pamelas Workout?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Has anyone used the A4’s/AK’s CV functions to control a DFAM?

I’m a noob to CV and am frustrated at just getting the DFAM to sync to the A4’s clock.

I’ve tried using clock to both Tempo and Adv/Clock of the DFAM, but neither produce the result one would expect/want.

That works nice! thanks. setting the A4 to clock and patching to Adv/In doesn’t though. not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I think that the step method will be better anyway.

being able to access the Trig Conditions is f’ing awesome