Connect Minitaur + RYTM MKI

Hi,

Has anyone tried to connect Minitaur (1/4” Unbalanced Output) to RYTM Audio In (1/4” stereo). I assume I need some kind of mini mixer which would convert my signal from Mono to Stereo, but is there any smart solution or mini mixer box like Bastl Dude to do the trick? Otherwise, I hear the signal only on the left ear.

Thanks!

A workaround (at least for mkii units) would be to plug it into the audio in instead of the external input which is used for sampling. You can turn on input monitoring and set it just to left or right input. The external input doesn’t have any kind of level control anyway since it’s post compressor so you have to lower the comp output quite a bit to balance the sounds. I never liked using the ins on the rytm an would usually do it the opposite direction running rytm into the external in on another box.

Forgot to mention it is MKI. I imagined that Minitaur with RYTM can be a tight connection sound wise.

With proper gain staging it might be. it’s going to be tough though since the compressor make up gain and leveling won’t affect the minitaur. so you can get a slamming kit going and then the external will be completely overpowered. it’s been a request on the rytm for a bit to add some form of control for the external input to help in balancing the levels currently you best bet is to go into the compressor page and lower the volume until things sound even then turn up the Main volume knob to get back to a sturdy level if you can. kinda janky tho.

Are you @astricii sure signal comes post compressor if you use audio in port? On the manual it says:

Use the Analog Rytm compressor when you incorporate sounds from external instruments in your composition.

I’m pretty sure. if it is the case that the external is going into the compressor it’s at a signal level much lower than the usual mixer levels of the audio tracks.

Another thing you can do is get a quarter inch TRS to stereo cable. I have a couple of those lying around to go from the headphone out of my OT into a mixer or interface