Connect digitakt microfreak and analogue heat mkii

hi, can you give me ideas of how to connect digitakt microfreak and analogue heat mkii in different ways?

There really is only one way (in my opinion) to connect all these devices. Route the audio from the microfreak into the Digitakt, then route the audio from the Digitakt into the heat (gonna sound so nice!).

From a MIDI / control perspective, you could connect midi out of DT into the microfreak to sequence it from the DT. Alternatively, you could also connect the MIDI out of microfreak into the MIDI in of DT. That way, you can use the keyboard to play sounds chromatically on the DT. It depends on how you want to use them. You could also connect MIDI out from the DT into the Heat for some wild FX stuff. I haven’t waded into those waters yet, but I am looking forward to trying that out myself.

2 Likes

hi, i will try that! thnx

hi again i dont understand so much what can happen since i have MIDI out from the DT into the Heat but i do not see how the wild FX stuff happens. maybe options are not correct…

You can use Digitakt to control settings on the analog heat. With p-locks, for example, you could change the distortion circuit on the heat per step.

Do you have a mixer? Do you use a DAW?

yes i have a mixer and use ableton

if you could explain a bit for me sorry i am a sax player getting into synthesis now…

There are many ways to hook up your Rig. It depends on what you want to achieve. Noodling or something more serious. Multi-recording or taking the time to learn your gear. Digital, analog or hybrid setting.

I forgot to ask. Do you have an Audio Interface? How many Inputs and Outputs?

Do you want to use both sequencers or do you want to sequence everything from the Digitakt?

hi, my allen and heath mixer has an audio interface (zedi10fx), and i have another one i dont use it anymore. 10 chanels… i want to experiment. so then i can choose this or that, still learning basics…
and yes it is interesting to use both sequencers, i like the spice and dice too…