Confused about I/O with overbridge, please help

hello,

would someone please help me visualize the Heat’s I/O situation with overbridge involved? I’m having a hard time seeing how things are supposed to run.

My setup: I have my Heat receiving the cue output from my OT through the analog in/out. I have the Heat connected to my computer with the USB cable, and I have the overbridge choice in the options menu checked on. when i play audio through the Heat, I get sound coming through stereo inputs 3/4 and 5/6 in Live. 3/4 is letting in good volume, peaking at -18.24, but the Heat’s effects are not mixed with the audio that is going through it, coming from the OT, and I can’t figure out how to have the signal effected. I’m assuming 3/4 is the the straight audio interface signal, which I guess the effect doesn’t touch at all?

5/6 is letting in terrible volume but it’s picking up the Heat’s effects. the signal is peaking at -48.35 when i have the dry/wet mix completely CCW, and when i crank Drive, Wet, and Dry/Wet CW all the way, the signal peaks at -18.42.

why is the dry signal (CCW on Dry/Wet) coming through so poorly, and the only way I can get decent volume is if I turn everything all the way up? Can someone please help me understand this?

Thanks so much.