Computer Video Game Recommendations

Oh yeah im dark souls style dodge rolling all over the place in monster hunter world I started MH on my 3ds and got most of the DLc armor but 3ds hurts my huge hands after a whole since I got the small one lol , Also there is still a demon souls server and discord for people to still play online there is a special DNS number you put into your network settings. I cheesed the game last demon souls playthrough and got two Hands of God fisty cuffs weapons and upgrades them all the way and started punching everything I could ! but as for MHW I still need to grab the DLC I got the expensive edition of MHW when it came out so Iā€™ve been waiting for the new expansion to get cheaper , but Iā€™m all about the snow levels of MH!

2 Likes

Just played Everything tonight. WOW. I loved it.

The voiceover in the trailer is Alan Watts and there are snippets of it throughout the game.

6 Likes

I purposely didnā€™t get Iceborne last year because I knew if I did I would get sucked in and stop any and all work/creative stuffā€¦I think I put like 24 hours into MH World the first two days I had it? Been playing since MH Freedom on the PSP. As far as Iā€™m concerned the series has only gotten better with a few little missteps like underwater fighting in the third generationā€“yuck. But MH Worldā€™s quality of life changes are all fantastic.

I feel you about the 3DS hurting the hands. Mine got cramped too I just had to bare with it cause I was an addict.

2 Likes

Dude me too! I played that game for the first time the other day thinking I would just play it for a half hour or so and found myself sucked in for a couple hours. I love the visuals and the music and the Alan Watts of course. The way they drip feed you new mechanics keeps you going just when youā€™re about too bored.

I mean who wouldnā€™t want to become a protezoa and then actually turn into a planet and go inside yourself and become a snow leopard on a planet thatā€™s actually inside of a snow flake crystal?

6 Likes

Damn whatā€™s up with this ā€œeverythingā€ gameIā€™m going to watch a trailer right now lol I hope itā€™s got everything in it !

Edit : just watched it / looks way better than no mans sky lol

2 Likes

weird, Iā€™ve played a bunch of souls games and Sekiro is the only one Iā€™ve been able to complete. Actually found it kind of easy/natural once I got really comfortable with the parrying system. very rewarding game for sure!

4 Likes

If you got the parrying system down soulsborne games are going to breeze! You will become PvP dark souls champ lol :joy: in Ds3 I have my ā€œS H R E Kā€ character who runs a cursed ward greatshield (for the weapon art usage while my shield is up) and a long/mid/close range weapon for all circumstances. But I have a certain rings equipped paired with heavy armor to make sure if someone front or backstabs me I donā€™t die from it because I have so much armor rating and health and stamina. So basically if me and whoever Iā€™m helping me gets invaded I run in front of the squad and shield up and take damage for everyone. (man Iā€™m a nerd :sun_with_face:) # praise it before you blaze it sun bros!

2 Likes

If you have Doom on the CPU, check out the Brutal Doom mod. It turns everything up to 11 and breathes new life into that game.

4 Likes

Yea Iā€™m playing Sekiro atm, and Iā€™ve just been grinding in the first area, the estate as you can take out all the guards, commune with the Buddha and they all respawn, rinse and repeat. Iā€™m finding it easier than Bloodboure for sure, and it is super rewarding in a way that the other games arenā€™t

Each to their own of course, Iā€™m just rubbish at souls.

Good to see some Metal Gear fans too.

2 Likes

YES!!! I went through that 2 years ago. It was great, with some interesting back story about the dev behind itā€¦

2 Likes

I remembered how I played 1st Max Payne, and Iā€™ll tell you it was unforgettable experience. Best played caffeinated to the brim during blizzard night ofc. Good old one.

2 Likes

glad your enjoying Sekiro tho man I canā€™t wait to play that one as Iā€™m a HUGE fan of all those games they make. I hope Elden Ring still gets made thatā€™s the next game by from software and strangely the guy from game of thrones is helping make the game, But regardless itā€™s going to be great open world style sekisoulsborne game. I donā€™t know why itā€™s taking me so long to buy sekiro I think Iā€™m really into the PvP and coop parts of the other game and sometimes I just only help people for hours in the same area. Happy parrying my dude!

2 Likes

Ahh yea,ā€¦ Max Payne!!! 3rd one is so so good!!!
I remember Max Payne 1 had these strange matrix style mods on PC!

I have it on PS4 and it still plays well enough!!!

4 Likes

Oh yeah! If you folks missed Prey, the recent reboot of the series, then itā€™s definitely worth checking out. The soundtrack alone is fire. Thereā€™s one particular part where you are out in space in zero gravity, navigating wreckage and strange aliens and thereā€™s this awesome, chilling, sparse synthy music happening.
Also the DLC they released for it is super tight

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

I like sandbox games, my recommendations (all PC):

• Rimworld: great SciFi sandbox game where you crashland on a foreign planet and have to build a colony. Everything is procedurally generated and a storytelling AI is throwing random events at you. Great modding scene, too.
  • Crusader Kings 2: medieval feudalism simulator-grand strategy-game. Steep learning curve but really rewarding and interesting for history nerds (there is also Europa Universalis 4 which has a bigger focus on diplomacy than RPG elements)
  • Factorio: Just recently purchased but already hooked. Itā€™s a factory building simulation where you automate assembly lines and so on.
  • Football Manager 2020: self explaining, incredibly deep. if you like football-managers then you already know it
2 Likes

Not payed Factorio but the other 3 are gems.

Took me a while to get a hang of Rimworld but what fun!

CK2 is another that is amazing once you get into it

Iā€™m currently mildly obsessed with Civ 6 Gathering Storm. Just got the expansion and it really changes the game in an interesting way. Well worth checking out.

2 Likes

I believe somebody on the Elektronauts forum was working on this game, Iā€™ll have to look around to find out who.

Edit - Itā€™s you! Hahaha duh. Shouldnā€™t post so early in the morning. Nice job on the title! It looks like it did very well.

2 Likes

HAHA Yeah we just released it on PS4 too

3 Likes