Compressor Gain Reduction amount not shown?

In the manual it states that “THR (Threshold) sets the threshold of the compressor. A lower threshold means a larger portion of the signal will be subject to compression. There is a bar on the rightmost edge of the screen which will visually represent the amount of compression. (0–127)”

I don’t see this “bar” that is mentioned, is it not in the current OS?

2 Likes

Certainly there on MK1 fwiw !

1 Like

I don’t suppose someone could take a pic of it? Just curious what it looks like.

Pg. 66 of the mkii manual has a screenshot of the compressor page. I don’t see anything on the right side of the screen, but the bottom left has an “FX LEV” indicator that I would guess to be what you are referring to.

Pg 61 of the mki manual shows the bar pretty well, although it doesn’t show it move (obviously)

There you Go.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely not seeing that on my mkII unit. Shame, as obviously that would be VERY helpful.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

there are no levels… :frowning:

Mk1 manual:

Mk2 manual:

They both say it should be there, but it’s not in the Mk2 pic… :thinking:

happy to give sth back. learned a lot OT from yours :wink:

Good point! Hopefully a future update

It a bug in the manual, like all of you are saying. That bar is only visible in the MKI graphics. Thanks for the heads up. I will update the MKII manual.

2 Likes

Wait, you’re supposed to leave the manual like it is and update the software to bring back this useful function!

:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Indeed, we are not interested in downgrades for the MkII.
The bar is useful functionality not to be missed!

4 Likes

did anyone see if this is something that might come back in a future update? or no info? (wishful thinking)

I know this is just a small thing, and I’ve been using the compressor by ear up to now, but I just re-read the manual for my AR2 and realised that it talks about a gain meter for the compressor. I definitely have no meter at all on any of the screens - where should I be looking?

@eangman has forgotten to update as promised by the look of things :wink:

current manual

There is a bar on the rightmost edge of the screen which will visually
represent the amount of compression. (0–127)

1 Like

Oops… yes, that totally slipped my mind. Sorry about that. I have now updated the manual and uploaded it to the site.

Mod Edit : Link for convenience :thup:

1 Like

Where is this mysterious indication of compression)))

Try current manual; - it was never possible on this display - older manual text was copied from old ones in error

Current manual shows

1 Like