Completely New With Importing Sound Packs For MnM and Machinedru

Hello everyone,

I’ve had my Elektron Monomachine for a while now and have always used the internal sounds. Now I would like to begin importing some of the sound packs that are available (Immortal Waves, Oxford Overdrive), but I’m confused about how the entire importing process works. I have C6 installed on my Macbook and the sound packs are downloaded, but where exactly on the MnM do you import the new sound banks? I’m more hardware oriented an actual computer involvement is minimal. I’m using an Emu XMIDI 1x1 tab as a USB to MIDI interface.

2 Likes

there´s a how-to in each pack:

TRANSFERRING THE WAVEFORMS TO A NEW SNAPSHOT

1. Save your current Snapshot. Select the FILE row in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Then select SNAPSHOTS and press [ENTER/YES]. In the MODE column, select SAVE and press [ENTER/YES].
  2. Load a new empty Snapshot. Select the FILE row in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Select SNAPSHOTS and press [ENTER/YES]. Choose LOAD in the MODE column and select an empty position in the list.
  3. Connect your Monomachine MIDI IN to a computer using a standard MIDI connector and a MIDI interface. Connect via the Elektron TM-1 in order to achieve Turbomidi (up to 10x) transfer speeds.
  4. Initiate a new DIGIBANK on the Monomachine. Select the FILE row in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Then select DIGIBANKS and press [ENTER/YES]. First, select SWITCH in the MODE column and choose and empty position for your new bank. Then, select RENAME and give the bank a suitable name (OXFORD, for example, but you can give it any name you want) using the [FUNCTION] + [ARROW] keys.
  5. Prepare the Monomachine to receive the waveforms. Access the DIGIPRO MGR in the GLOBAL menu. Choose RECEIVE and then press [RIGHT] arrow key to move to the POS NAME column. Choose ORG and press [ENTER/YES]. The display on the Monomachine will show “WAITING…”.
  6. On your computer, open the c6 utility software (make sure you have the latest version, available on the Elektron webpage, Support & Downloads section). In the c6 configuration menu, select Elektron Monomachine for both MIDI In and MIDI Out. Also, make sure you tick the boxes: Use SDS Handshake, Use Extended SDS and Send SPS-1UW Name. This will allow the transferred data to be shown with descriptive names, once received. Close the configuration window by clicking the OK button.
  7. Open the Oxford Overdrive Sound Pack folder on your computer. Drag the waveform files and drop them on the c6 main window. Select all files. Then click the DigiPro button, located below right on the c6 main window. Finally, click the Send button. A counter on your Monomachine display will show how many and to which position the waveforms have been received.
  8. When all waveforms have been transferred, press [EXIT/NO]. The Monomachine screen will show “WRITING WAVEFORMS”. The transfer is complete. The waveforms will be stored starting from position 1 in the active Digibank.
  9. Transfer the kits and patterns. On the Monomachine, Select FILE in the GLOBAL menu. Then select SYSEX RECV using the [ARROW] keys and press [ENTER/YES]. In the MODE column, select ORIG and press [ENTER/YES]. The Monomachine is now ready to receive data, and “WAITING…” will be shown on the screen. On your computer, drag the Oxford Overdrive (Patterns and Kits) syx file to the c6 main window. Select the file, then click Send. After a short while, the Patterns and Kits will have been transferred.
  10. Save your new Snapshot. Select FILE in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Then, select SNAPSHOTS and press [ENTER/YES]. Select SAVE in the MODE column and press [ENTER/YES]. Give the Snapshot a proper name, such as OXFORD, using the [FUNCTION] + [ARROW] keys.

PLAY BACK THE SOUND PACK PATTERNS

1. The 16 demo patterns are located in Bank A. Make sure bank group A-D is active (toggle using the [BANK GROUP] key). Then select a pattern by pressing [BANK A/E] + [TRIG] 1-16.
  2. Listen to the selected pattern by pressing [PLAY].