Compatible USB HUB for Overbridge

I opened mine TS-HUB3K hub, and there it is:

Also I think even if you are using STT hub, you can use it without issues, if Overbridge device is only one 12Mbps device is connected to this hub, so maybe your hub are broken, or something like that.

Another successful USB hub Test (ish), this arrived and I’ve spent an hour or so testing

http://plugable.com/products/usb2-hub10c2

This Supports MTT and it works (we’ll sort of, see caveat below)

Cascaded Terminus Technology hub chips support efficient data transfers for maximum performance across all devices with minimal power draw. Supports Multiple Transaction Translators for optimum performance when a combination of USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices are attached. Low power consumption is achieved with 0.18um technology and declocking/depowering of unused ports and parts of chip not currently in use.

I get four channels of audio through the plugin, where I was getting no audio at all through a VIA812 based USB3.0 hub. It’s got 10 USB 2.0 ports, 2 of which are charging ports, no off button, a bright neon blue strip that’s always on when plugged into my Mac and a 20w 5v 4A power brick, 100-220v.

Testing with my full setup is not perfect however and hoping this is just something to be fixed in the beta. When muting A4 tracks using Fn + Track buttons audio will completely stop from the plugin. Weirder it will even stop my Rytm playing completely, which isn’t even connected via USB but by MIDI. These symptoms are the same if not slightly more pronounced when the A4 is plugged straight into my mid 2012 MacBook’s USB 3.0 ports (either of the two). So it seems more of an overbridge bug than a problem with the hub, which does at least work.

Can anyone replicate this A4 track mute kills plugin Audio issue?

I’ll lodge a full bug report with Elektron.

I have ordered this MTT USB 2 hub and it seems to work fine with both , A4 and Rytm. I need to do some more testing but this hub seems to be fine for Overbridge on my system (Imac 27 2012) I have recorded both units at the same time (max channels on both unit) using this hub.

[ul]
[li]The chipset for this device is the Terminus FE2.1_QFP48.[/li]

[/ul]
Its MTT

Has anyone found one in europe, with a normal EU power cable (non UK)? That ships to the netherlands with at least 7 ports? Can’t find one.

Amazon’s store-brand 7-port 2.0 hub works just dandy for me:

Has anyone tried this one?

I was interested in the item so I checked the specs on the SIIG site and the chipset used is GL3522. I guess it’s related to the GL3520 that was mentioned in above posts. The spec also mentions that it supports MTT function.

Specifications
[ul]
[li]Chipset: GL3522[/li]
[li]Supports UASP function (with Windows 8 native USB 3.0 Host driver only)[/li]
[li]Compliant with Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification[/li]
[li]Supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps[/li]
[li]Support MTT function to guarantee Full-Speed (FS) data passing bandwidth when multiple FS devices perform heavy loading operations[/li]
[li]Backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts[/li]
[li]Built-in over-current protection[/li]
[li]Input interface: USB 3.0[/li]
[li]Output interface: USB 3.0[/li]
[li]Connector:
[ul]
[li]Upstream: 1 x 9-Pin, USB 3.0, Type A, Male[/li]
[li]Downstream: 4 x 9-pin, USB 3.0, Type A, Female[/li]
[/ul]
[/li]
[li]Product dimensions: 3.0" (W) x 1.5" (H) x 0.50" (D)[/li]
[li]Product weight: 0.08 lbs[/li]
[li]USB 3.0 cable length: 4.75"[/li]
[li]Environmental conditions:
[ul]
[li]Operating temperature: 32 to 104 degrees F[/li]
[li]Operating humidity: 20% to 80% RH (non-condensing)[/li]
[li]Storage temperature: -4 to 140 degrees F[/li]
[li]Storage humidity: 10% to 90% RH (non-condensing)[/li]
[/ul]
[/li]
[li]Certifications/Standards: FCC, CE, RoHS[/li]
[li]Warranty: 5 years limited[/li]
[li]Country of origin: China [/li]
[/ul]

Anker USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Charging Port

is a multi TT device, according to Anker

I only have a Rytm, but the hub seems to work ok with it, though if i maxxed out all 9 ports I could only get 6 channels of audio to work.

Ok , i did some more tests and everything works fine with this hub plugged on my Imac. Max channels for both units (a4 and Rytm) and no glitch for now
 seems to work fine. Anyway its cheap , doesn’t need the power adapter and provide lots of ports (usb 2 though)

Hi,

I am searching too for a usb hub.
it must work with my rytm und A4 and mac book pro (yosemite).

I plugged it in my standard usb hub with own power connection.
but my elektrons stopped working, as I reconnected it directly to my mac everything was fine.

Can anybody tell me which hub is working and is not too expensive.
I want to order at amazon

http://www.raidsonic.de/en/products/mm-cardreader.php?we_objectID=9441

http://www.raidsonic.de/data/products/icybox/IB-880/datasheet_ib-880_e.pdf

it has “Genesys Logic GL3522”, which should have MTT according to their website.

If only it had a CF reader instead of 4(!) SD readers :frowning:

1 Like

this one too :thup:
http://eu.elektron.se/2015/08/overhub-coming-soon/
but tbh, my ÂŁ6 MTT one with USB3 support seems to be fine
a very smart powered hub with 7 ports is gonna suit more folks, but it’s only usb2, so no good for your faster drives it’s also usb3

1 Like

^ was just gonna post I noticed overdub in the vid
 I want it because it’s shiny :joy:
(and I haven’t bought a dedicated hub yet) wonder what the tags gonna be tho?! :sob:

edit - I mean overhub but overdub is good too.

I have this one which is similar and MTT

I just started testing today so take it with a grain of salt. I have a Rytm and Analog keys and it was being finicky when trying to enable max channels for both units. Seemed I could only get about 8 or so channels working together simultaneously between both devices. So if you are not looking to max out or just have one device it should be fine.

My OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock seems to rock the socks as I can do max channels on both devices simultaneously. I have heard a few glitches occasionally, still sorting things out, seems pretty stable though.

ORICO W6PH4 is working like a charm with A4 and AR. Bought it of Amazon Germany for 12,95 Euro yesterday.

1 Like

pretty much the same as the one I got a little cheaper, gl3520 Chipset as suggested elsewhere seems to be good, and USB3 !

1 Like

i have one of these and it works great, AK and AR, plus a Push, a keyboard and 2 SSD, no problem.

1 Like

grin for overdub!

I use an Orico 7 Port USB 3.0.

ORICO A3H7 is its product number.

I think its somewhat flawed, because i get sometimes distortions from the A4.
I had my USB audio card connected to it as well.

I think the RYTM works better, i.e. does not drop out so much as the A4.

Enabled channels are 6 on A4 and 6 on RYTM.

I did now move the A4 directly to the computers USB 2.0 port, and will continue testing.

MB is Asus Sabertooth with Renseas NEC USB 3.0 chip.

1 Like