:elot: Comb Comp Contest!

Thanks dude!! :slight_smile:

Me too actually. Had to try a lot of different things

1 Like

Thanks. As you might be able to tell, Iā€™m more intersted in how the method can create itā€™s own unique sound and flow, rather than trying to use it to emulate familiar ones (kicks, snares etc or beats/rhythmic structures). The Ot as a no input device is very interesting territory, and weā€™ve only been exploring the comb filters so far!

2 Likes

December 2014. :wink:
I read quickly your settings, some things in common! But I just remembered something crazy : I can assign my midi keyboard notes to comb filterā€™s pitch! :heart_eyes:
Canā€™t wait to try it again, maybe poly! Always wanted to try that poly. I works already great monophonically, except perfect tuning maybeā€¦

Iā€™m trying another crazy midi loopback thing :

• P-lock midi CCs corresponding to audio tracks parameters.
  • Set them as Play free midi tracks.
  • Send notes to control Play free midi tracks with a midi track.

That way you can arp sequence p-locks. :loopy:

3 Likes

Yeah you really push the boundaries of this little box :slight_smile:
Often itā€™s even hard to follow your ideas :wink:

Sure. Sometimes itā€™s hard to follow myself when I read me after a while. :slight_smile:
I write most of the time on my smartphone, so I have to sum up!
Iā€™m beta testing theses above ideas, so Iā€™ll try to give audio examples, but I succeeded to play p-locked CCs with arp, and itā€™s really promising. :wink:
Edit : but maybe too complicated without midi processor.

3 Likes

Ah yeah sampling the combfilter opens these territories offcoz. Rate filter is also a nice trick. Hope to take some time next week to try some of those. Meanwhile following this thread.

2 Likes

Thats creative flow!

2 Likes

Wow

2 Likes

Really good!

2 Likes

:pray:

1 Like

This is why id buy your bookā€¦u got c++ OT ideas! Risk a stupid question, cuz god knows what might work: as i understand you got the inputs up to sample noisefloor - does this make the inputs reactive at all, if you clap or something, is there some kind of faint pickup?

2 Likes

Not sure if I could write an understandable book. :wink:

Not that stupid, a lot of people believe in god, ghosts, etcā€¦:alien:Try with a hammer, knock hard on OT, and tell us if something happen! :joy:
All I can say is that dual stereo AB/CD inputs noise evolves continuously. Static electricity may influence itā€¦:sketchy:

Anyway, you can plug a really cheap pickup, piezo for percussive things on your table, a cheap guitar, anything, even just jacks, and youā€™ll be able to make something great with OT ! :grinning:

1 Like

Haha, i once scraped a figurine eiffel tower on a record and heard a tinny drum break through its legs, so im waiting for the next miracle.

You mean on a vinyl ? Not sure to understandā€¦
You need french touch? :smile:

Yup, a vinyl and a small brass eiffel tower. Grover Washington. Smooth jazz, if not exactly French like thatšŸ˜Ž

1 Like

Brass on brass, make sense.
Thanks for Grover Washington citation, I didnā€™t know, seems cool smooth jazz I like better than French Touch.

1 Like

An audio example, as promisedā€¦:wink:

Midi tracks arp notes are mapped to comb filterā€™s pitch with Event Processor Plus (midi processor). Cheating? :sketchy:

13 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Brilliant!

1 Like

I might just have to do my first OMG.

1 Like