:elot: Comb Comp Contest!

Wow.

1 Like

I use lfo designer with several pitches, and I use another lfo to randomize lfo designer speed . Comb LP and Feedback (negative or positive) settings change the tuning. Compensate with tune.

2 Likes

Sorry, was not specific enough. I meant ā€œsame behaviorā€ of the generated audio (instead of tune). After saving and reloading it sounds always different. I thought it might be due to the LFO phase or do you think the noise spectrum changes over time? Well, I will check it again tonight.

Besides thank you for the challenge! I think it makes you learn and focus on few things I never would have though about. Sadly, I found out yesterday that you cannot p-lock LFO speedsā€¦but you are right using LFO on LFO might get what I wanted to do initially :smile:

2 Likes

Only if you tell us your secret filter-without-filter technique

Have a guess ! It is logical.

Mmh itā€™s hard. I donā€™t have my OT, I lend it to a friend. Iā€™m at work anyway :smile:. Ok let me thinkā€¦

Weā€™re not talking about lowpass filter in the feedback path of the comb, right?

Oh play rate ?

2 Likes

Congrats! Now you can participate! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just need to get back my OT :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lazy crazy one bar patternā€¦

Too loud ā€œsnareā€, not the right progressionā€¦no time to make a better version.
I used Arranger to change tempo, pattern set to 64 repeats.

21 Likes

Whoaā€¦thatā€™s so awesome!

1 Like

Yeah definitely, I deleted my track after hearing that :exploding_head:. Need to start over :smile:

3 Likes

Hoping to join in at some point.

3 Likes

me too

2 Likes

Dude you are amazing !
Can you explain what is your imaginative filter trick ?

1 Like

I finally took some time to work on this project a bit.

After spending a chunk of time figuring out how to:

1. Get that initial working sound from the machine
  2. Honing the Combs and flexes

Iā€™m finally getting some cool stuff from this

I HAD ago play around with the other FX for a little bit as a bit of a detour.

Thanks for introducing me to OT synthesis!

4 Likes

Filter is really missing for synthesis.
I can tell now, @qlamerand found out. The workaround is to reduce RATE > less higher frequencies in the recorded noise > sort of low pass filter. :slight_smile:

@darenager, youā€™re in?

4 Likes

@sezare56 Iā€™ll try to squeeze in some time to have an attempt, seems lately I donā€™t get to play much :cry: This week is out but maybe weekend or next week. I will have a read and listen through this thread at some point beforehand :thup:

4 Likes

Really nice sounds and skills !
So about the recording : Are the sounds you create memory recorded then p locked from slots ? Or only live recording and triglocks ?

1 Like