Collider for the iPad

Evolve doesn’t touch the kit or sounds at all. It only affects patterns. This could change the sound if, for example, evolve adds a p-lock, but the underlying Sound / Kit is untouched.

1 Like

i noticed that when you insert random p-locks in the pattern page, they still affect tracks that have been locked. is there any way to prevent p-lock randomization from affecting certain tracks? i was hoping if you locked a track, it would prevent any changes at all.

1 Like

Can plocks be optionally removed from the evolve feature and have it be only conditions, volume, triggers and timing? Or make each of them optional in a dialog including pitch and the rest of the values on the first screen of the RYTM (velocity, pitch, timing, trc)

If it does, that is unintended behavior. I will fix that, thanks!

3 Likes

I will make the advanced option for TRC and P-Locks separate, and add more options for Evolve.

2 Likes

I was trying to understand the pattern controls better and started making notes. Then I got carried away and made a UI mock up. I hope it’s useful to someone.

I don’t want to post it in files and I don’t want to store it in my dropbox forever so here’s a link for now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29gngwmjsrwoavg/Collider%20Sequencer%20Screen%20Mockup.png?dl=0 [Collider UI Mockup]

2 Likes

Sweet. That would be super.

1 Like

New update will be submitted to Apple within the next days. Any other issues / suggestions?

Currently:

• New pattern population algorithm utilizing the included drum grooves from various genres
  • Added ability to double the active loop in a sequence
  • Added ability to reset MicroTiming and Velocity
  • Added ability to randomize Retrig Properties
  • Added ability to morph P-Lock values
  • P-Locks now randomize intelligently
  • Separated Evolve options for TRC and P-Locks under Advanced Options
  • On the main dial page, you can now triple-tap a parameter’s dial to randomize it. There is no longer a need to toggle the side-button.
  • Fixed various P-Lock bugs
  • Minor UI changes
2 Likes

Anybody got any advice concerning how to configure my ports for the midi tool to make this app work over wifi?

Thanks!

The settings required on the RYTM are the same regardless of WIFI or direct.

In order to use this via WIFI you need to use OSX’s AUDIO MIDI SETUP program, connect the iPad to a session, Connect to “Network” inside Collider, and then its up to you to route the Network MIDI to your RYTM (via DAW or AUDIO MIDI SETUP’s “Live Routings” feature, which is what I do)

2 Likes

Great news. Is the issue where Evolve writes to A1 addressed in the update?
Thanks

Yeah

2 Likes

Does anyone tried this app with cable that came with iConnectMIDI2+ for direct connection?

http://www.iconnectivity.com/images/products/accessories/USB_lightning.png

Any USB cable should work, there is nothing fancy going on under the hood.

New update is out.

• New pattern population algorithm utilizing the included drum grooves from various genres
  • Added ability to double active trigs in a sequence
  • Added ability to reset Trig MicroTiming and Velocity
  • Added ability to randomize Retrig Properties
  • Added ability to morph P-Lock values
  • P-Locks now randomize intelligently
  • Separated Evolve options for TRC and P-Locks under Advanced Options
  • On the main dial page, you can now triple-tap a parameter’s dial to randomize it. There is no longer a need to toggle the side-button.
  • Evolve now sends to the correct pattern slot
  • Fixed various P-Lock bugs
  • Minor UI changes
3 Likes

bought the app last night, now I just need to wait for my RYTM to come :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have some plans for Elektron Analog 4 / Keys maybe? different app or integration to collider will be a dream:)

1 Like

If Elektron want to send me an A4 I would happily do it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This week’s update so far:

1. New Kit Population buttons allow you to populate kits with random flavors (Classic, Hard, Tight, AM, Noise, 808, etc)…a little tamer and more purposeful than just true randomization…opinion on styles welcome…for example, the Tight option choose random engines for all tracks, morphs all values, sets Amp Volume to ~0, then sets up the Exponential LFO to modulate the Amp Volume for a snappy hit…The AM Kit does the same but sets up the LFO for audio-rate modulation of a random parameter.

2. Bug Fixes and optimizations

4 Likes

Update is out: Instead of the logo on the main page, there are now various buttons that allow you to populate a randomized KIT of a certain type. The Pattern population algorithms are now renamed to give a general indication of what is going on under the hood. My favorite, and the default, is “DrmPtn + Euc”, which chooses a popular drum pattern, then chooses a few tracks with no trigs and makes them euclidean…it’s a good way to get a standard groove mixed with polyrhythms without getting too busy.

The Kit population types that aren’t self-explanatory:
Other: random kit using only new engines (post 1.3 OS)
Tight: random kit with an exponential LFO controlling amp volume
AM: random kit using audio rate modulation of parameters

3 Likes

Is anyone using Collider successfully while iPad and Rytm are connected to iConnectMidi?
I have enabled all ports (I think) but I can only send patterns from Collider to Rytm, getting them from the machine to app doesn’t work. With usb to lightning connector it works normally.