Collider for the iPad

1. On the bottom of the main view (dials), there are 2 white dots. Swipe left or right to go between track parameters and FX parameters. When you go to FX parameters, the top right Randomize / Morph/ Reset functions now apply to the FX

2. I will make the hitbox bigger and move the swipe areas away from the edge a bit. I have them there in order to fit all the other UI stuff, but there could be some wiggle room. I don’t use a case so I didn’t know that it would obscure that area :]

2 Likes

Brilliant! I can’t wait to try it out!

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey, really nice app man! Just started exploring around. Please tell me, can Collider grab the current kit from Rytm? I understand how patterns work in both ways and I am quite curious if the same is true for kits. This would be brilliant. Thanks!

1 Like

Ooooh! excellent question!

Once I got the app working… had to update iTunes to updated iPad then figure out the stupid magic order of plugging in the cck to get the iPad to recognize the Rytm… I experienced the sheer amazingness that is Collider! Bravo @mekohler, bravo!

2 Likes

Currently, no, and that’s the biggest missing thing…It’s next on the list, but there is no documentation for Kit / Sound sysex dumps…The only reason the pattern dumps were completed so fast was because someone had already decoded them on github (https://github.com/bsp2/libanalogrytm). Unless someone has already done so or elektron want to provide some docs, I need to reverse engineer the Sysex Request For Kit, one byte at a time, and figure out what is what :cry:

Ohh I see. Well I really hope this can be done someday. I wouldn’t mind to pay double the app price for something like this :wink:

i just noticed that when ive sent a pattern to the rytm, it will occasionally double the tempo on the rytm side. i havent caught this right away, so im not sure yet which function has sent it (ie, drum pattern, euclid, algorithm etc) and its only happened a few times while ive been testing out all of the pattern sends.

another thing ive noticed when ive looked at the kit in the rytm after receiving it from the app is that in the trig menu, the SMP and LFO are always turned off. not sure is this is intentional or im missing something in the settings, bc i use samples/LFO for a number of my tracks and i want them to stay on.

also, are you able to make a scroll/drop down list appear for the drum pattern selection? theres so many i inevitable manage to accidentally send the pattern as im scrolling and it’s also quite a bit to scroll through. choosing from a list of some sort would be much easier.

1. No tempo information is stored in patterns, except the multiplier (1/4x, 3/4x, 1x, etc)…that is selectable on the pattern page, and I have not experienced that messing up.

2. It depends what the TRIG dials say for that track in the app. Obviously if they are not locked and you randomize, there is a chance they could be turned OFF. If you want them ON all the time, change them to ON and then LONG-PRESS the dial to lock it. The app should send the RYTM the correct value displayed in the dial, and I get that behavior here.

3. Yeah I need to do something about that, there are too many drum grooves (that’s why I added the Random option). I will need to make them more accessible, I agree.

1 Like
  1. ill see if i can replicate it as i experiment

2. my fault here. for some reason on the first page, those parameters were set to off so i locked all 4 of those to on to prevent accidental changes

3. thank you, would be super useful

1 Like

Submitted a new update. Hopefully it’s processed by Apple within the next 1-2 days.

• Improved load times for older iPads (hopefully this fixes app launch time outs for old devices)
  • Toggle button for tips (tips for all pages have been added)
  • UI improvements
  • Bug Fixes
4 Likes

awesome, thank you!!

1 Like

Hi,
Looking forward to the update. Specially whatever you have in store for the UI. I really appreciate the effort you put into this.

I’m hoping to make a tutorial video so I’m going through the sequencer features one by one and I think i found an issue with evolve. It appears to replace the pattern on A1 regardless of what pattern you have send set to. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?

Can the change to resonance be limited by some amount on plocks? I’m getting a lot of squeakers after you run it a few times. Likewise other plocked values which eventually make many drum hits silent.

Finally, I run out of plocks after a few iterations. Can I do something about this in the settings?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah that A1 evolve is a bug, I’ll fix that. I will do something about p-lock smart values, but it’s impossible to know what combinations will produce no sounds or super shitty ones.

The Rytm is limited to 72 different parameters being p-locked, nothing I can do about that.

1 Like

Thanks. If you read the pattern in can you change values a few percent from where they are and limit the overall difference from the original?

You mean morph p-lock values? or change what by a few percent?

any of the sound/kit randomization evolve or mutate functions really. If the values can be set to truly anything, then there’s a good chance they go completely off the rails and either get filtered out, resonated too much of the volumes turned off. Either that or detach sound morphing from pattern morphing maybe?

Not sure what you mean :[

Under the advanced options menu there is a toggle for Intelligent Randomization. When this is enabled, I try to limit extreme settings for Sounds / Kits (high resonance, super low volume, super high drive, etc). I haven’t applied this to any p-lock functions though.

Sounds and patterns aren’t dependent on each other, however. The only way changing something on a pattern will affect the sound is if you add p-locks. I will try to add the same intelligent randomization for p-lock values.

2 Likes

Update is out, anyone who had the app shutdown due to long load times let me know if it works now :[]

1 Like

When the Evolve feature overwrote my track one, I think it also overwrote the kit. Does that sound accurate? Does the Evolve feature write to the kit and save it or could that have been something else or my mistake?