Collider for the iPad

@mekohler in my ipadpro i open the collider,but it`s error and exit…

i want know may be the rytm have a set?

What error? What iOS version?

It works on my old and new iPads. Apple really dropped the ball with iOS 10 :[

Try deleting and reinstalling the app. Even without the RYTM or the wrong RYTM settings you should be able to open and explore the app.

1 Like

yes ipadpro it`s ios10, when i open the Collider, the screen still black, About 1 minute the app exit,i try to del and reinstall,
but error all the same

If you go to iOS Settings -> Privacy -> Diagnostics and Usage -> Diagnostics and Usage Data

There should be crash logs for all the apps that have crashed on your device with the date. See if you can PM me the contents of the one for Collider. Also as a last resort, try hard rebooting your iPad, deleting Collider, and installing again.

I have changed no structure or major code, and I know other devs are having problems with iOS 10…super frustrating.

1 Like

The crash log you sent looks like the app is being terminated from taking too long to start, which is weird since you have an iPad Pro. I am looking into it, but it could be an iOS 10 issue. iOS 10.1 is out btw. I’ll get back to you!

1 Like

Thank you so much,i will waiting for

1 Like

Anyone successfully running Collider 1.3.1? (me!)

Anyone with the timeout crashes on startup?

I’ve opened and explored it this morning after updating Collider but my brother has the Rytm so I cannot connect as yet. It will be a good excuse to get it back from him!
I’m running it on iPad mini 2 but have not upgraded to iOS 10.1 because I always wait a couple weeks, Apple always ham something!

1 Like

great, both of those options will improve the UI quite a bit. are the tips available for every page, or just the first one? because they could be helpful on all of them if you have an option to toggle them on/off when needed.

I wonder if one of the iconnectaudio or iconnectmidi devices could also work for that purpose?

This looks incredible! How did I miss this until now?? Downloading this asap and will tell all friends who have an AR

3 Likes

@mekohler I see that you made just one inconspicuous post about this amazing app within the main Rytm thread on muffwiggler.

This deserves more attention and I encourage you to start a dedicated thread about it in their General Gear section detailing its features as you have here. Otherwise I will start it myself :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks man! I’m gonna wait until apple fixes all the issues brought on by iOS10 before promoting that much :fearful:

5 Likes

Yo! My RYTM keeps flashing “Receiving Pattern A1” which breaks workflow with this interesting app. I’m assuming that isn’t supposed to happen. You know what’s wrong with my configuration?

When you send a pattern, and the RYTM receives it, the RYTM will display “Received Pattern XX”…you can change what pattern you send to by swiping up / down on that UI element. I can’t stop the fact that it displays that popup on the LCD.

Patterns are sent when you either load a Pattern Snapshot, manually hit the SEND PTN button, OR automatically when the “Evolve” button is enabled (There is an option for this under advanced options)

2 Likes

word up! Thank you for your quick response!

1 Like

OH SNAP! Still exploring this app trying to figure out what’s what. The kits this thing comes with are pretty darn good. And the Samples Kit is a super nice touch! Just what I wanted for when I’m loading samples instead of manually having to change each kits to solo the samples I’m assigning to voices.

I’m sure that was a minor detail to this entire thing you built, but it’s a detail that I really really appreciate!

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m seeing on the Load screen an Option for MFX?

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re intending to be able to save effects patches?!

If so, that is absolutely brilliant! You’re effectively able to load patterns, kits, and and effects independently. And that is really cool.

Some feedback I have(based on my limited understanding of the functionality of this(which is fine, fun to explore).

I’m assuming to transition to other pages, you have to swipe at the topmost edge of the screen? This occasionally becomes a little difficult to change pages. (when you personally run this, do you find it easier to just use a stylus?)

If I may make a suggestion, maybe have an option to link kits to patterns for changing? And another would be a “THIS” option for where to send the pattern info to?

But it really is an unbelievable app you’ve made. You truly expanded the capabilities of the machine and took it to places it couldn’t go before. (If you actually implement the save FX portion of the app that would make this app even more crucial for controlling this machine–so cool that I think it justifies an in-app purchase(if not just hiking the price up). The mixer section live fx is a fantastic idea! The pattern page makes programming an entire rhythm much more intuitive than having to hold track + pad to input each part individually(which is hazardous to bringing an instant idea into fruition). And the fact that you could potentially store all your track information into this app makes the pattern storage of the RYTM irrelevant!

Not to mention, what this is priced at, is definitely a form of charity.

Thanks for all your hard work, it really shows!

2 Likes
  1. To transition to between pages you swipe on those golden page dots at the top. Double tap to return to main page. I could make their hitbox bigger?

2. What do you mean by “THIS” option of where to send pattern info? Above the SEND PTN button you should see a green “A01”. You can swipe up or down on that to change the slot a pattern is sent to. Double click to return to default.

3. “If you actually implement the save FX portion of the app” -> you can already save and load the Master FX settings via the Save / Load menu. I’ve included only 2 presets but you can save your own.

4. Linking kits to patterns would be interesting, but the RYTM takes such a long time to receive and process a pattern send, that I’m not sure the timing would work with me sending 100’s of CC’s as well…I’ll look into it though

3 Likes

Maybe make the bigger? Maybe make them buttons? Or maybe give them a little spacing from the edge of the iPad? Whichever you consider to be the most feasible(I understand this thing is necessarily jam-packed on each page so that would require some tricky maneuvering). I’m not opposed to taking my ipad out of its case or investing in a stylus in order to use it. I just wanted to bring this issue to your consideration.

Is there somewhere where you can make changes to the FX parameters?! I haven’t come across that yet!

Ahhhh. A shame about the CC timing thing, but I understand. I suppose that if a need for a specific pattern/kit is necessary is could be done directly on the RYTM pattern select.

I think it could be useful to have a selection that will automatically make changes to the current pattern you’re working on. However, I will say that the way it’s currently set up is a notion that I wouldn’t have even considered, and it really construct tracks/projects on a much larger scale.

With any suggestion, I really feel the need to wrap them all in parenthesis, because it really is a beautiful piece of work. Just wanted to run ideas past you. I absolutely understand that no one knows what is possible to do in the app more than you.

Thanks again!