Collider for the iPad

I can confirm it’s iOS killing the app bcs of slow load times on old iPads…I’m using lots of shadows and nice UI elements. I need to figure out how to make it faster, sorry about that :frowning:. It seems that my previous code was JUST making it past iOS’s “watchdog timeout mechanism” on older iPads.

Update: I got it working on older iPads by not using so many unnecessary gradients (gradients accounted for 10 seconds in startup time) in certain places (things no one cares about, but I was a perfectionist when I started this). Give me a few days to optimize and test. It runs perfect on newer iPads, but if you have an old one you should hold off until I make things uglier :smiley:

1 Like

I’m getting my iPad tomorrow, I can’t wait to buy this and try it out! Thank you!

Less than 30 downloads for Collider? Absolute travesty, there must be thousands of Rytms in the wild, and with IOS too.
I think @mekohler has proven his reliability with the updates already provided, not only bug fixes but serious new tools to further explore the Rytm capabilities.
He has fielded every post made here and his efforts have been appreciated greatly.

Something must be done to highlight what a great tool Collider has been and continues to be, less than 30 downloads is offensive!
We really need to support Collider and also Strom, at one stage I was on the fence about selling my Rytm but Strom followed by Collider brought new life and really did showcase what powerful synthesis exists under the Rytm hood, now I could never let the Rytm go and Collider is on my favourites bar permanently.

I agree that for some maybe a video guide or something may help but honestly it’s not hard to work out what’s what…
Maybe just some user videos to get some momentum built up, I can’t actually help in this regard so shoot me but I stand by Collider firmly and hope that it gets more recognition and further downloads, without sounding like a complete arse I’d say any Rytm owner with iOS owes it to themselves and their Rytm to purchase Collider, it’s a serious game changer.

I wish you luck and success oh great mekohler!

2 Likes

I know, it sucks but I guess that’s the nature of iOS apps…I don’t care about the money, and I will continue to develop this because I love making music and I won’t ever sell my RYTM, but it can be a little frustrating putting so many hours into something just to have a handful of people use it.

Anyways, I woke up early to optimize this shit and it now works on my old Gen 1 iPad Mini.

@drowned, will submit to Apple today / tomorrow so you can use it again.

2 Likes

Was JUST about to ask that! I have a gen 1 mini as well. So next update I can use?

Yeah, hold off on any updates until Apple approves today’s fix IF you have an OLD iPad.

2 Likes

Your commitment to Collider clearly has nothing to do with the money, I can only imagine the time you have sacrificed for this app, I can truly say that I and some close friends and relatives use Collider and are fully behind you and your vision.
I’ve no idea how to raise the profile of such a great tool, you need a few reviews from the mags or online guys, I really wish I had the ability to post vids as just someone showing the randomisation of the engines or sequencers would showcase a percentage of potential.

Anyways much appreciated, Rytm + Collider sounds modular to me, I think someone else said that here somewhere too, dry roasted nuttiness!

3 Likes

Also can’t this thread or another general Collider thread be pinned to the top of the Rytm section of the forum, like SDS and Strom?
Moderators, is this viable?

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate the support, seriously :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Im going to buy this - i checked the support site but its blank? Is there a tutorial or instructions for use? Where would i find that?

Thx for taking the time to make and update this app

1 Like

The support site is my empty webpage since Apple REQUIRES you to list something.

I have started to record simple videos explaining the connection process, and each of the 4 modes (Main View, Mixer, Chromatic, and Pattern).

On startup there are tooltip overlays which aim to explain the Main View and general UI elements, but it’s not enough for most people. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Ok, understood. Thx

1 Like

thanks for the outstanding support!

2 Likes

Is 1.2.3 the new version? It says Oct, 27th in the app store. Very excited to buy and use this!

Optimized version is out (1.3.1)!

3 Likes

Yay! Buying this the second I get home from work :smiley:

1 Like

Working again on my ipad2, thank you!

Can you change the background color for the options screen to something other than light grey? The yellow text is near impossible to read.

Also is there a way to bring up the help pop ups again after you first open the app and dismiss them or change screens?

Thanks again @mekohler for the latest and indeed every update!

1 Like

@drowned, I will darken it a bit and see if that helps, and add a little top menu icon that will toggle tips for that view mode (good idea bcs now I could add tips for other views and not just the main view).

2 Likes