Collider for the iPad

I can’t justify buying an A4 to make an app

If elektron wants to send me one I will :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:slight_smile: @Olle - please please please.

3 Likes

I’ll check if something can be arranged.

13 Likes

Please forgive my ignorance and reluctance to scan the full 680 posts in this thread. How does the app and iPad connect to the Rytm?

You can either use a Camera Kit and connect directly to the RYTM via it’s USB port, or connect the iPad via WIFI to your PC (which is connected to the RYTM).

At the end of the day, the app gives you a list of input / output MIDI ports it detected, and you select which to use.

3 Likes

Update Out:

• Added sound design functions “Pan LFO”, “SYN LFO”, & “Retune”
  • Refined Tonal Kit & Kit Randomization
  • Added “Commit” to the Performance Slider in the Song Performer Mode. This will apply the current Performance amount to the actual Parameter values
  • Saved Files are now sorted alphabetically
5 Likes

You can also make a fully hard-wired connection via a DAW. It’s a bit more complicated, but I can provide some tips for anyone that needs to do it this way. Patterns and kits also transfer much faster, with fewer hiccups, using the DAW method.

1 Like

Welp, here is the temp loading screen of what I started coding this morning :grimacing:

The first version of the app will be similar to my Digitone app. At the same time, I am going through void’s old library for the A4 Sysex. If I can get that working (not sure if it works with latest OS), then I can incorporate more advanced features, like in Collider.

11 Likes

I’m getting excited already - I hope the team sort you out, as you are the definitely a major contributer in terms of enhancing Rytm user’s experience, and will no doubt provide the same stellar enhancement to the A4 user experience :+1:t3::innocent:

3 Likes

yea collider is ace. thank you for making that

1 Like

Update Out:

• Added “Vol LFO” to the Sound Design functions
  • Added individual Performance Sliders to the Song Performer Mode
8 Likes

Sorry for the questionnaires, does it work for rytm mk2?

Yes. I had a mk1 and now a mk2 - I believe collider works perfectly for both versions, as I’ve never had any trouble with it. I’d say it’s slightly faster with the mk2 machine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

@mekohler
Im gonna get a ipad for both Opz n Collider. Im thinkin the ipad mini2 would be perfect for opz.

Would the mini 2 be a bit too small a screen to use collider efficiently do you think?

[edit: just seen you mentioned about 100 posts ago that support for the mini has been discontinued. Would you heavily advise against it so?]

I have Collider on an iPad mini 4 but running iOS10.3 and size wise it’s fine, never had a problem with manipulating the parameters or toggling and selecting buttons/pages.

My brother has it on a mini 2 but again on ios10.3. We both HATE 11😥

1 Like

I used to own a mini, but have since upgraded. The mini was fine, but definitely slower than a normal iPad. There are a lot of UI elements that need to be rendered.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies.

1 Like

with overbridge working at the same time??

that would be great

I use Collider with a mini2 and the size doesn’t bother me personally but the processing power is a bit laggy when switching between pages. I’m planning on upgrading soon, probably to the smallest pro. I really like the iPad mini for portability but would recommend a faster processor.

1 Like