Update is out:

• Changed the behavior of switching view modes
  • Minor UI changes
  • Bug Fixes
2 Likes

Deleted because I’m a goofball… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi! This was exactly what i was waiting for-
I had a lot of fun so far!
Is it normal that the the MUTE page the buttons light up the other way around? Its always the opposite of the RYTMs state.

Little feature request:
Free mappable XY Pad in the mastersection or

XY Pad with Mastertune and Masterdecay!
Would be a killa!

I had similar Macros on Impulse Drumsampler with my Ableton rig.

• Under options there is a “Invert Mute Colors” switch
  • Assignable XY Pad is a good idea, I will look into it :]
1 Like

Hi mekohler, I really appreciate and respect to your work.

Recently I’m looking for a way to add 2nd independent programmable LFO to RYTM.
CME’s bitstream 3x looks like it’s possible but …
If it comes true by collider, it must great!

I hear you. I’m learning the AudioKit library to build a granular synth, so once I have an understanding of it, it should be fairly easy to add in LFO’s and modulation options. That was my original intention with Collider anyways :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so jealous of your knowledge of this stuff. How long did it take ya to learn this and where?

I have my Masters in Math and Comp Sci, so I have been exposed to coding concepts for a while, but for iOS I started with baby steps…

1. Watch tutorial to set up my iOS environment
  2. Get an app to build and show on my phone with just a button
  3. Figure out how to send MIDI using objective-c…realize its hard and you need to use someones external library
  4. Watch tutorial on external library and how to set it up
  5. Get app to send a midi note when that initial button was hit
    etc

All baby steps…eventually you will have completed 10-15 of those little hurdles and you might have a usable app idea

If you don’t want to do this using iOS you can always use HTML5’s Web Audio and make synths / sequencers / midi generators in the browser: https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webaudio/intro/

Again, go through tutorials, change their values, make edits etc

The biggest hurdle is setting up a workspace that gets people’s example code to run. Spend a day and call that day a success once you get set up and can copy paste other people’s stuff and have it run / work…its a good feeling

Then just make tiny changes to their code to personalize their example program. Pretty soon you will feel more and more confident and be getting more and more ideas.

8 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

New Functions on the Pattern Page including Trig Detail Mode

New and Modified Kit Flavors:
- “OS 1.3+” is a random Kit with new Track Engines
- “Snap” is a random tight Kit with exponential LFO affecting the volume
- “AM” is a random Kit with a fast LFO affecting a parameter
- “808” is a slightly randomizes 808 Kit
- “Self-Osc” is a random self-oscillating Kit

New Sound Design functions
- “Tighten” applies an exponential LFO affecting Amp Volume across all tracks
- “Dynamics” adds an LFO affecting each track engine’s most important parameter
- “SMP LFO” adds an LFO affecting each track engine’s sampling parameters
- “RND ENG” randomizes all Track Engines
- “Purge” locks any tracks / sequences that are currently active and playing, and mutes / resets anything that is silent

New Pattern Algorithms
- “Euclid Cascade” populates Euclid sequences across all tracks, similar to an arpeggiator
- “DrmPtn/Euc + RTRG” chooses a random pattern or Euclid sequence and adds random Retrigs

Pattern Snapshots Autofill
- Automatically populate Pattern Snapshots

Added ability to Randomize / Morph / Reset Pages across All Tracks at once
Added ability to Randomize / Morph / Reset the Mixer from the Mixer Page
Added ability to add / remove TRC Fills to sequences
Added ability to Randomize Retrig Rates
Added ability to Randomize Track Mutes
Added ability to nudge Sequences forward and backwards with Micro-timing
Added ability to move Trig Velocities up and down

Streamlined the Options page

Page Buttons on the Pattern page now show if the sequence length extends into it
Various UI changes and optimizations

Please leave a rating if you enjoyed the app!

10 Likes

Update should be live now. Let me know of any issues or suggestions. Ability to receive Kits coming next (just working out a few mapping bugs)

3 Likes

Had to sell my Rytm but knowing how great Collider is/was makes me really want it back again…

Miss it.

1 Like

Now I’m broke because I have another Rytm on the way, I simply just cannot live without the synth engines and of course ‘Collider’ and the app has had a couple of updates since I last brutalised the Rytm with it!
@mekohler I think I love the Rytm because of Collider and the paradox is amusing!

Oh man I’m so looking forward to what spits out!

4 Likes

Great compliment :wink:

2 Likes

Only on electronic music groups can “because of you I am broke” be a compliment :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve had it since release but never had the opportunity to use it until now:

Absolutely extraordinary.

Would it be cheating if I made hundreds of beats from edited randomizations? Cause I kinda wanna…

Issue, tho: how can I change it that when I send pattern it doesn’t change the kit to 1?

EDIT: I was shocked to see no reviews so, in spite of my usual reluctance to review anything, tried to write one but it wouldn’t let me “send” it?

1 Like

Kits and Patterns are independent. Sending a pattern only sends Trig + PLock data. Depending on the PLock data, it could sound as if your Kit changed (another user had a similar experience). Let me know in more detail what is happening and what you expect after you play around for a bit.

1 Like

Will do. Thank.You!

1 Like

I’ve said it before but Rytm and Collider gets close to modular sounding patches/sequences…

Reminds me slightly of the Nord G2…

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’ve just installed the Collider app and it works with my analog rytm but I meet a problem probably due to the configuration of the rytm, and maybe you could enlighten me.

I well “receive” patterns but I can’t edit them. When I edit, and then touch “send pattern”, the rytm well receive it since I can read on the screen “received pattern A01” (A01 like selected on the app and on the rytm), but the pattern isn’t updated on the rytm.

However when I edit the pattern on the rytm and touch “rec patterns”, it’s properly updated on the app.

Any clue ?

I configured my rytm as mentionned in the help section and my ipad is connected to the rytm through USB and receive also signal from midi in by my sound card in the whole setup.

Thanks a lot.