Collider for the iPad

Weird…pattern stuff just uses sysex, and since you can SEND it, I don’t see why you wouldn’t receive it as well.

This app is amazing! Good work!

I know right? Strange…I would be really grateful if someone with the same connection can try it out. I am quite sure this worked before. Maybe Rytm update broke something or I missed something.

for non wifi what is the device i need to connect the ipad to the rytm? Thanks

Camera adapter kit

thanks , any specific make/model?

I go with the apple brand one, personally. Safest bet

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VGHG0U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_uAiByb0D1Y9QG

1 Like

ok thanks.

Did you try connection with USB cable only that came with iConnectMidi?

I posted picture few posts above…

Not sure what the issue is with iConnectMidi…patterns are rather large sysex messages, so maybe the device is not processing the entire sysex messages, and is segmenting them? That is a baseless and wild guess, however.

likely true though. Probably the interface just doesn’t deal with large sysex messages correctly.

It’s not easy to find solid info about this, simply because apparently almost nobody is trying to send large sysex messages via USB midi interfaces.

Here’s a few post over in the JUCE forum:

would be good if anyone with an iConnect thing could run some tests but don’t get your hopes up tbh…

2 Likes

Yeah. iConnect original lightning cable from iPad to iConnect device, then standard midi cables from iConnect device to Analog Rytm and back.

If I can help somehow, let me know…

Can you try directly via lighting to usb cable that is came with iConnectMIDI device? USB side to RYTM and lighting to iPad.

keep in mind that your transfers, if this DIN MIDI connection will turn out to work, will be extremely slow (aka normal MIDI slow). One AR pattern sysex message is 15090 bytes long so one pattern transfer in one direction takes roughly 5 seconds.

I think for most cases that’s definitely too slow. So if using the iConnect MIDI, the only viable option would be USB-USB (if it works)

1 Like

Just in case you missed it there was an Iconnect firmware update in 2016 that was aimed at supporting large sysex, don’t know if it works but we ought to be testing things on that latest firmware…

2 Likes

Doesn’t work. iPad doesn’t see any ports when connected like this. I guess if this worked then apple usb to lightning connector would be kinda obsolete?

What works though is Rytm connected to iConnect USB Host port, iPad connected to iConnect USB port.

I understand, thanks. But I need USB connection for Overbridge…This one I will have to do the oldschool way it seems. Apple camera adapter and boom. I will lose Live and other stuff playing along Rytm for that time but looks like the fastest and simplest way.

Did you ever try with the new firmware?

1 Like

No sorry, haven’t found the time lately, labs kinda on the back burner for a moment (blasphemy!). Once I’m back in the groove I’ll let you know, and would love to help…