Collider for the iPad

The Physics Page was fun but it’s chaotic behavior was kind of bleh so I removed it. I might add a replacement for it in the future.

The last Mode is now a Song Performer mode. It has ways to Launch Patterns, Kits, change Performance values, and other useful functions if you are performing.

Don’t worry about the feeling of cheating with the Patterns :slight_smile: If you had a talented drummer in your room they would be making the same decisions that it does. There are no presets used, just lots of rules that real drummers follow.

2 Likes

Rightright. Saves me the trouble of hiring studio musicians. That’s how I’ll justify it. :wink:

1 Like

:grimacing: I never use presets either, it makes me feel dirty.

I will use randomization though (all my apps), as then you are exploring a unique “parameter space”. You don’t have the artist’s or preset maker’s influence or taste involved, only yours.

4 Likes

Yeah I mean I still do a lot of editing. But having an “idea generator” puts fun back into it.

any news on the A4 app?

It’s been in a free beta for some time now: Fragments - For The A4 (iOS)

3 Likes

Thanks very much! I have an A4 coming next week. very excited!

1 Like

Awesome…it’s more like my Digitone app btw…a pure sound designer (no pattern population like in Collider)

3 Likes

Don’t know the digitone app because I don’t own one. But sound designer sounds nice :slight_smile:

Hi.

It seems a very good app but I can not prove it because I do not have an iPad, some explanatory video about it?
Is there any way to export the Rytm pattern to an Ableton clip and keep the notes and P. Locks?

Greetings.

There is no overview video and it’s not possible to export things to DAWs. You can edit / randomize / create P-locks in the app itself. It only interfaces with the RYTM using Kit and Pattern Sysex.

3 Likes

Many thanks for the answer mekohler.

Greetings.

Lowered the price to $12.99

6 Likes

even if it would be 29… worth every penny

2 Likes

That’s a serious bargain for such an amazing app.

2 Likes

Is Collider good with the MacOS Mojave?

It’s only for iPads, not desktops or iPhones

1 Like

Thanks @mekohler I don’t know why I even asked that question since I already own and use the app, haha. I was probably confused, since I was thinking about updating my mac. There is a new iPadOS coming soon, will it be safe to update the iPad to that, you think?

It should, although the iPads I have don’t support iOS13 so I can’t test yet :unamused:

One if those convenient ways Apple have to force people to upgrade…
I wonder if this will get flagged.

1 Like