Collider for the iPad

i was looking for some other options, because i dont got it to work, but now its working fine thanks. :slight_smile:
some kind of tutorial video or quickstart guide would be great, i dont understand the programm atm to be honest…
it seems like kit recall can just be done via the rytm or is it possible inside collider? when i press reset it seems like nothing is happening.

Awesome! Can’t wait for some free time to dig in to this app, thanks for sharing!

If you are on the main page, and the right RESET button is toggled, then you can tap on any of the big PAGE buttons (TRG, SYN, SMP, FLT, AMP, LFO, K-FX, MIXER, TRACK, KIT) and MIDI CC’s will be sent out resetting those to their defaults. If nothing happens that means you have the wrong settings on the RYTM (maybe you have NRPN enabled and not CC? Track MIDI channels correct?)

What do you mean by Kit Recall?
If you are in save / load manager and load a Kit (tap the 808 KIT, then hit LOAD), MIDI CC’s are immediately sent out. The only thing you can’t do at the moment is design a kit ON THE RYTM, then dump it TO collider.

I will definitely complete a quick-start guide tonight and post it here just to make sure people know what’s going on.

Quick-Start Guide: http://imgur.com/W5BHJVL

2 Likes

P-Locks and TRC conditions out. Can copy, paste, lock tracks also.

To p-lock a specific parameter, enable the p-lock button on the dial page and double tap a dial…This does not work for Trig Page parameters as they are p-locked /encoded differently on the rytm. Will get on that next.

2 Likes

Has anyone had any issues connecting via wifi / direct connect and not getting anything to work?

Appreciate all the work on this, many thanks!

Is there some expectative to add sample import to the rytm with this app via audio copy or something?

Hello!
I got Collider and configured it according to instructions, but no trigs are sent to the Rytm from the Pattern page when I press Send (same with Evolve).
Any clue about what the issue could be?

Not yet, sorry.

Omar: Are you sure you have it set up correctly? Are you able to trigger the pads from the main page? Wifi or direct connect?

Patterns and anything related to patterns has to be sent all-at-once…meaning, even when you just draw a few trigs, you still have to hit SEND and the ENTIRE pattern (trigs, p-locks, etc) has to be sent and processed by the Rytm. That takes time, and is a limitation of the hardware. There is no way to tell the Rytm to just enable THIS trig…you have to send the entire huge pattern payload to it.

Anyways, you should confirm you can communicate with the rytm by triggering MIDI or changing some dials, etc…

When I tap a cell on the first page, I get sound, it’s just the Pattern page that doesn’t transfer trigs to my tracks. I checked my settings several times. But don’t bother, I’ll give it another try later and let you know.

How are you connecting?

If you are doing it via WIFI, you should be able to see all the data being sent when you hit SEND on the pattern page in OSX’s NETWORK MIDI app. It’s a straight forward sysex send, so if you are communicating fine by triggering pads, then sysex should work. It will take ~1 second for the pattern to be sent and active on the rytm due to hardware limitations. What happens when you hit receive?

In future versions I will have UI to specify what MIDI ports to send / listen to. I have a feeling some issues are due to people’s complex setups. Right now if you are connected DIRECTLY to the rytm, it will only send to it, but if it doesn’t detect it, it sends it to every MIDI port the iPad sees.

Anyw

I connect directly to the Rytm (like for Strom)

Ok, so nothing in between? I’m assuming the little red dot in the upper left is lit to show it could detect your rytm…in that case, everything should work fine if the settings are correct on the hardware.

From a NEW PROJECT you just need to change 3 settings under MIDI PORT CONFIG if you are directly connected. Just to play devil’s advocate, verify your settings again and try hitting SEND and waiting a second. What about RECEIVE?

Hey mekohler, i really love this app you just released, but I also can’t use the pattern page when connected directly on ipadmini2, so just to let you know and maybe help you resolve the issue, it’s the blue dot I get on top left even if I deactivate wifi, yet the direct connection is perfect both ways via any other page of Collider, and I’m also able to “receive” patterns from the AR to the app, but when I try to send, I get the “pattern received” popup- in the AR but only after about 8 seconds, and even then there’s not actually a single trig that was received. So yeah, but thanks again for the incredible app and can’t wait to use this complex pattern generator! Cheers!

Hrrm, well the AR is receiving it. Are you sending to the correct Pattern slot that you want? Are there trigs and other stuff enabled in the pattern page in Collider? When you edit Swing, Length, Quantize, etc and then hit send, does the Rytm receive those non-trig pattern settings?

The blue dot in the upper left just means that Collider does not detect a direct usb connection to the Rytm and it is sending MIDI info on all other detected ports instead (Network, etc)…How are you connecting to the Rytm? Directly with a USB cable? If so, then you need to double-tap the upper left and make sure the red dot is active.

Pattern send over wifi will take a few seconds, but your AR IS receiving it, which means it received and parsed an appropriate sysex pattern message…makes no sense the trigs wouldn’t show up unless you are on the wrong Pattern Slot.

Also, are you on the latest 1.30 firmware? Myself and others I know use the pattern stuff every day so I’m not sure what the issue is.

1 Like

You’re right, my bad! I was sending to the wrong pattern destination; for some reason I thought I was sending the A1 pattern from Collider to whichever pattern happened to be opened in the Analog Rytm. Got it, thanks a lot for the help!

1 Like

np

I need to rework the upper small dots and the connection process, soon soon.

Also, to quick-load the AR808 kit you guys can triple-tap the collider logo on the main page. The A4 algorithm on the pattern page auto-populates TRC and P-Locks so it’s useful to experiment with that one.

Great stuff man