Closed : Major update for all Digitakts why not?

Digitakt is out now for a while, great Machine but also a significant wish list for future updates from existing users here on Elektronauts so i am wondering why It takes so long? From a business perspective you want to keep your reputation high, sell even more devices and so on right? If developing costs are the only issue (which I find hard to believe) why it ain’t happening. I’m ok to make a small donation as a customer, if money is the one and only bottleneck. Kickstart projects all over the place, why not crowdfund for a major software update for an existing product if that product has way more potential? Your thoughts fellow Digitakt owners…

(Perhaps I’m missing something here but I haven’t read ALL posts and topic in this Forum)

1 Like

Please go away.

18 Likes

Well that’s a thought indeed (;

I think everyone is hopeful for an enhancement or two or three, but the unit is functioning largely as advertised so anything elektron choose to add beyond the compressor, would be cherries on top.

9 Likes

Hasn’t it been stated many times on this forum and elsewhere that the Digitakt’s DSP is already kinda working at the top of it’s abilities. There’s simply no processing power for any more major updates.

It is what it is and I for one love it.

8 Likes

Go to the Elektron site and open a ticket mate. That’s the way to speak to them directly with suggestions and the like.

5 Likes

Unlike the Digitone or previous machines there is not much spare dsp, which makes a keys/mk2 machine that shares firmware highly unlikely, leading to an even lower chance of updates.

To make things clear I’m perfectly happy with the device as is and won’t sell either. Limitations are a great and a way to be creative. Was just thinking out loud what the future could bring if crowdfundings could act as a way to enhance existing gear if possible.
This idea just happen to occur playing Digitakt.

2 Likes

It looks like I missed this:

I do wonder if this current trend for continually demanding new features to be added rather than just bug fixes (see also OP-1) will result in subscription plans for hardware instruments. I really hope not. I’m being bled dry by enough subscriptions already.

7 Likes

I dread to think what I’ve spent on NI since they launched, and Steinberg, and Ableton and on and on.

If elektron introduced a ‘deluxe OS’ i’d happily pay a fair price for big version upgrades once the base OS matches what it says in the manual.

However, even if 1000 users opted to pay say €39.99 for a second filter, non-real-time timestretch or eq on the Digitakt, €40,000 isn’t much to pay for sufficient developer time and subsequent support. Let alone the grumbling from those who don’t like the model.

It might help new machine sales though.

Puts into perspective how nice it was to get the compressor…

5 Likes

No deluxe OS please, that would be ridiculous.

3 Likes

Don’t you think we should have a stable and efficient way to save our projects first?
:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Like being immortal ? Without any real good reason ? I don’t think so

2 Likes

Just like the original deluxe pay for overbridge concept :persevere:

1 Like

Try agin when OB2 is released. Please don’t bother before it’s out stable.

I do not want paid DLC’s for my music instruments.

7 Likes

Please don’t get them wrong ideas.
No crowdfunding, no Paid features, no Paid Deluxe OS!

This

I think most of the thing people blame on elektron is a better capacity and a phisical way to save your work! I think that only the OT have this feature but it seems elektron push hard to abandon this as they try to abandon the OT development.

And if i’m not wrong, someone from elektron have said that the Digitakt is their best selling machine. If this is true, why they should change a win strategy?

There is a lot thing they can improve on it but maybe is not a god business for them.

Look at the new model thing. The ideia of having a lot direct function and less menu diving is a very good idea but the rest, puff… i don’t think it have convinced the elektronauts. That screen makes, no sense, as i think you can use it as a sampler, the 1gb memory capacity and no possibility to save your work on a phisical memory saver is a very stupid dicision.

Make a standalone music gear and have to go to a pc to save your work is a no sense in this era. In a ancient era you could accept this easealy but now is not so smart dicision.

Remember when apple use to do cool things. Back in the day they care about quality, now they just care about quantity and high sell price and people beef hard on them

Remember when nokia, microsoft, sony, uses to be the king on their thing? Now they strugle because at some moment they think that they could last forever.

Now people know what they want i look carefully when they put their money, especially if they have choice!

2 Likes

for me digital era is mainly about saving projects (whatever program, hardware) and the ability to reload and work on a another day. If I want analog expressivity I go analog.
sorry to be a bit repetitive on that saving option but it is stupid. I already lost one project with several important songs due to firmware change and the absurd actual way of saving projects.

Everytime I play with digitakt it’s an enjoyable and creative time and everytime I have to switch off I feel terrible because of this saving thing. I don’t feel safe… I know it sounds a bit silly but I want to play my music with it. I switch from laptop to hardware to avoid saving problems, but it seems it’s not good for now…

What about DLC? Mix and match OS features?

That would be like a hardware iPad kinda deal where you’re just buying extended functionality.

It won’t be utilized and would really eliminate the notion of each of the boxes as a work of functional art- but the system wouldn’t be too bad, though- right?

Though, an Elektron Everything box with a Bitwig subscription model might NOT be the worst thing in the world :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like