Circular/Spin Panning

I’ve been trying to get the Octatrack LFOs to replicate the spinning auto panning effect like in Ableton, and on the Zoom MS boxes, but without any success. Anyone know these effects I’m talking about? I don’t mean simple back and forth auto-panning. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I don’t know these effects. What do they do? What have you tried already on the OT?

You would need to use more LFOs for that, one for the pan, and other for eq or filter, to dampen some frequencies for the “behind the head” part. maybe a third one for volume. tweaking those could be a chore. The sounds that come from behind have less content than frontal ones since our ears block some of the high range. Change in altitude also effects the image. You would need to research this to get the best info and ideas…

I would use the third LFO on reverb mixing rather than volume, maybe, to give some impression of space…

this is complicated stuff, it also has to do with arrivel times (very small delays )from both direct and indirect sound.