Circuitghost - new EP - When We Arrived - the conclusion to All That We Lost and That Which Remained

Thank you for saying and for taking the time to listen :slight_smile: yes, that one and the first one seems to be the favourite among those who’ve listened so far.

I actually agree, though I like the bittersweet mood of the final piece as well.

1 Like

Got a chance to listen again today, the whole e.p. just sounds beautiful. I really admire the clarity of vision you seem to have. I get the impression that you have very much sculpted this music to your will, with great care and attention to detail… but the end product is so relaxed/peaceful/wistful/nostalgic depending on the track.

To quote from your last release:
“I don’t know, I think I’m done with the Lost and Remained duo now. Time to move on to new things.”
So we can expect the 4th installment in about 4-5 months :wink:?

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, and that you took the time to listen. I equally keep enjoying the beats from your EP, it has a really nice vibe going on that reminds me of 70’s disco but still has a very fresh sound, a merge that turned out really well.

I’ve never actually touched much on how I eventually got to the point where these three EP:s came into their own as far as sound goes, but it was a long and I wouldn’t say painful process, but certainly a lot of doubt along the way. Not in the least because I heard in my head all the time what I was going for, but never quite seemed to get there. It proved to be a lot harder than I ever could imagine to combine stuff that wasn’t linked to any sync or bpm, mix them with elements that was tied tightly to clock, and get some coherence in that, that just didn’t sound only experimental or downright bad. I still wanted the songs to be enjoyed for their simplicity, despite the somewhat abstract design around them. I have to say, the 1010 Blackbox was imperative and essential to get there. It’s wired like my mind and that eventually became the extension that I needed to get this done.

I can tell you that there will be no 4th installment, for sure :slight_smile: three is the magic number. I already got something else cooking, it’ll sound familiar to anyone who enjoys these three EP:s but a lot more beat oriented and a lot more scaled back in terms of soundscape.

6 Likes

Thank you for your music Ghost, it is spot on.

1 Like

Thank you for saying that, friend. I’m grateful you took the time to listen and let me know. If no one’s holding your beer and I’m around, I’ll hold it for you.

1 Like

Awesome :+1:, looking forward to it!

1 Like

Really enjoyed this, not sure of my fav as i liked them all as a continuous piece. They all link nicely whilst also having an individual sound and feel which i enjoyed. Top work again

1 Like

Congrats on the new EP. I will take a listen at work tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face: Looking forward to it

1 Like

Thank you, that is so nice of you to say, and I appreciate you being so present and mindful as to take it all in, all three of them. At some point, I might tie them all together and do a new master and make an album out of it, but probably not. Moving on to new pastures, is more likely. I rarely return to finished stuff, even if I have ideas that might warrant it.

1 Like

I hope you like it :slight_smile: looking forward to your thoughts and feedback :slight_smile:

I don’t know. I keep all three EPs end-to-end on a playlist. When I gave this latest a considered going-over this weekend, I had repeat on. So once it hit then end, it looped back to the top, and I have to say jumping from the stringy pads and clicks at the end of Back Then back to the rain and arpy fills at the start of the Long Walk blended so beautifully I just sat there and did the whole trilogy over again.

It’s like a giant, 60 minute tape loop of a journey through someone else’s nostalgia. It’s really quite something.

But anyway, yeah, I feel coherence is maintained throughout :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dear lord, that is quite the compliment. I’m actually a bit overwhelmed by these words. This was exactly what I was going for. Thank you so much for saying. :heart_eyes:

Truth be told, there’s memories and places in these recordings that echo back to childhood places. I can’t quite take myself seriously talking about these things in this context, given that I’m literally no one as far as music creation goes, but there were times when finishing these pieces was a struggle not because of the craft, but because of the memories they resurrected.

4 Likes

It’s really beautiful. Very nostalgic, peaceful but also melancholic in a very good way.
While having your own style and without particularly sounding like one of them, your music puts me into a similar mood and place as when I listen to early Four Tet or BOC.
Thanks for sharing. Will probably come back to this on a regular basis.

1 Like

That is quite the compliment. Thank you for taking the time to listen and share your experience, and it’s very humbling to know that you might be coming back to listen to it again. Thank you.