šŸŽ„ Christmas Track Challenge

Thanks! im unfortunately not a keyboard virtuoso so no burnin solos from me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Great work! Sounds so vintage

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never done a cover, def want to take a shot at this!

1 Like

Beautiful rendition @amku. Hat tip to you for being the first to submit a track.

2 Likes

Quite excellent!

2 Likes

So, everything is going well? A lot of songs on their way? No snow here, maybe I needed a :christmas_tree: for inspiration, so I began yesterday.
I hate people cutting treesā€¦:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I started this week, will work a bit on it now, lets see how far it getsā€¦

1 Like

Mineā€™s coming along nicely.

Itā€™s the shit.

Should be done on time.

3 Likes

Iā€™m planning on participating in this one also. I thought Iā€™d use my DT, but I just got my OT yesterday, so I thought Iā€™ use it. Iā€™m not sure, though; I hope I can figure out the OT in time to create something (itā€™s a challenge just to get started). I may have to revert back to plan A (using the DT). :grin:

1 Like

Challenging indeed! Good luck, be strong! :smile:

2 Likes

@sezare56 If you, or anyone else, have any tips and/or suggestions, please feel free to share! :wink:

Struggling so much to get a live set together for a Jan 2nd gig, I may not be able to join in on this oneā€¦ceartainly will be watching and voting though:)

1 Like

Include it in you set! :wink:

1 Like

Donā€™t eat fish!
Itā€™s like you are in a flying plane without pilot knowing how do drive it. :smile:

2 Likes

@Sezare56 LOL! Not quite what I was talking about, but, okay.

If youā€™ve got tips/suggestions on getting started with the OT, please feel free to share. Iā€™ve gotten as far as making a set and a project. I also have some loops loaded into some slots. Trying to figure out putting these loops on actual parts and tracks in order to play and hear sounds. :grin:

P.S.
Iā€™m in the process of reading the manual and watching videos (thereā€™s a bit of a learning curve with the OT - plus I am still new to Elektron machines).

1 Like

Avoid Parts for the moment. You can plock samples instead (Hold trig + Level knob).

Donā€™t hesitate to ask in OT category.
Thereā€™s a Noob Question thread. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks. Will do.

1 Like

:christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

thanks @sezare56 for posting this challenge, I had a lot of fun!! It has been a long time since I have covered a song, and I thought itā€™d be interesting to see if I could get the melody to come out of the sine wave machines, and it did! sort of . . . :sweat_smile:

I also sampled all the sounds I designed for this piece, go here if youā€™d like to download the free pack

14 Likes

Melody is clear! I found it so much more difficult to do a Cover Challenge than the last one, trying to keep the melody recognizable and making something cool was the main challenge.

4 Likes

This is great amku, def inspires me!

2 Likes