Chord and stab sample packs?

I’d like to extend the number of chord and stab samples in my RYTM to make it more complete sound wise.
You guys know any good free sample packs with one hit chords stabs n stuff that suits the RYTM to start out with? Please post links here.

I know I should make my own samples later but this is to start sketching

You can learn from Late Night Deep House chords from Twolegs Toneworks in the Ableton Live package you have the sample and their appropriate chords variations. In the PDF you can se which chords is in use with piano tabs. Looking Sample to Sample you have some great chords and Stab.

But that’s chords and find something different like the minor one “do ALL” sure you can get some timbre very interesting but chords is very important so Music Harmony is the key. you will find some very interesting chords, usually with a minimum of 3 notes, 4 is better… and it’s hard to do in a one note chord, but sometimes with 2 oscillators + their sub oscillators we can get something pleasant and soulful.

Depends of what you looking for. But Twolegs Toneworks, Sample to Sample and ShamanStems are very nice start point.

Then go to music theory because Stabs isn’t difficult to do, it’s often SAW with a very pleasant Filter Env + Delay and Reverb nicely find.

Hope it helps

Some Experiment then you need to tune OSC and SUB OSC in semitone

TeKiNovah Favorites

5th = 0, 7
added 2nd = 0, 2, 4, 7
suspended 2nd = 0, 2, 7
7th sus 2nd = 0, 2, 7, 10
minor = 0, 3, 7
M7add13b5 = 0, 3, 7, 9, 14
m-7add9 = 0, 3, 7, 10, 14
min 7(11) = 0, 3, 7, 10, 17
min add11 = 0, 3, 7, 17
minor 7th = 0, 3, 7, 10
6th = 0, 4, 7, 9
major 7th = 0, 4, 7, 11
m-7b13 = 0, 4, 7, 11, 14
added 9th = 0, 4, 7, 14
suspended 4th = 0, 5, 7
7th sus 4th = 0, 5, 7, 10
M7b11 = 0, 8, 12, 15, 19
M7add13-ii (invert) = 0, 10, 14, 15, 19

So as you see a lot of Four Notes Chords :wink:

4 Likes

Nice. Printing that!

Wow! Very awesome! Thanks for sharing!

You welcome ! Also if you have a sample and you haven’t their appropriate chords (Midi or Piano Tabs) You can get with Analysis Tools, to name a few Spectrum from DAW for that, see the subject of Fundamental and Harmonics because of the chords you can have the 3 or 4 first peak is the value of the chords point on the peaks to get their notes values, reproduce as midi this notes chords and listening to compare. Then if you have note a lot of harmonics (none is SINE) a bit is triangle/square/pulse and a lot of harmonics it’s SAW or FM (because of the properties of FM)

You can get the same with Melodyne Studio Editor, you can use Audio to Midi tools (if your DAW gives one) as well.

Don’t forget the music theory it can very help a lot in this territory !

This is an old thread, but I am a new AR owner. I don’t feel too bad about buying sample packs that have useful things in them, and it turns out there is a Samplephonics pack called “Retro Stab Kits” that is nothing but chord stabs (and some risers).

I got it on sale from Loopmasters and with their loyalty program it ended up costing me about $16 (US). There are lots of good stabs from classic keyboards (Hammond, EP - probably a Rhodes, Wurlitzer, various vintage synths, etc) with multiple inversions and maj/min/6/7/9/11/ etc.

http://www.legowelt.com/
has nice free samples to download, sounds great in the AR if you cut them up into stabs
same at:
http://modularsamples.com/?q=node/6

1 Like

These are real awesome links and the chord list will make a great cheat sheet too. Thanks!

A warning about the chord stabs pack from Samplephonics is that they really are stabs. The duration of the chords is pretty short so if you want something more pad-like then the stab pack is probably not what you want.

Hmm, the more I play with the AR the more I regret selling my OT. Sigh…

Stab is always short that’s its nature… But if you get STAB in SYNTH you can change ADSR of the STAB. If it’s SAMPLE you can combine on a DAW before to SEND, Transient Designer and put more Sustain to the Sound… Put that in a Reverb should help.

Analyse you STAB with Spectrum, Melodyne or other tools to get the chord used in the sample… And put it as chord notes midi with any sound you want.

Old thread but it’s a good one, learn with this how to make STABS it’s probably better than buy sample anyway. (and it’s very not complicated)

https://quantizecourses.com/video-courses/stabs-harmony-video-pack/

1 Like