Choosing Different Synth Sound Overwrites Sample

Hi all!
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here: I like to turn off the Synth engine on the Trig page so that I can choose just a sample to playback. But when I switch the synth engine back on and double click the TRK button to choose a different synth sound the Rytm overwrites the sample! I then need to go back to the Smpl page and re-select my previous sample. This seems counter-intuitive to me.

BUT

If I go to the Src page and double tap the Src button I can choose a synth sound from the list and it does not overwrite the sample. But for some reason not all the synth sounds are present when you do this.

Also - if you already have a number of patterns sequenced and you decide to change a synth sound on one of the patterns - is there a way to force the sound to be slotted into the other patterns as well? Or do you have to copy that new sample into each of the patterns?

Thanks for the insights/help!
George.

1. When you select a new sound from the Sound Browser, any changes on that track sound is replaced with the new Sound, including everything: sample, synth, LFO, amp, FX etc. It allows you to store and easily recall the complete chain.
    SRC simply replaces the synth machine, and has no effect on the other parameters. That is why your sample still remains.

2. Yes that is possible, just use the same Kit on those patterns, and any change you make to the Sounds of that Kit will update on all patterns that use the Kit

4 Likes

Great thanks!!

2 Likes