Cheap analog synth with midi capabilities for OT

Bass station and/or minilogue for sure.
I would get the bass station over a monologue tho, def more capable imo, although I am biased owning a bass station 2

Not applicable as there is no patch save system.
WYSIWYG (aside from the few extra parameters under the hood)

file it under the section:

Cheap analog (with patch memory):

• Bass Station rack ( it happens that i sell one :grin:)
  • or bass station 2.
  • volca bass (ooops no patch memory on this one :frowning:)
  • some mfb
1 Like

I second the Nord Rack 2.

Depthness and quality is what you will receive in return. You canā€™t argue with 4 separate outs and a ton of polyphony. Seems to be a no brainer :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll throw in a Shruthi-1 with the 4PM filter. if you get the XL version, thereā€™s knobs for almost every function, and you can control with CC and pgm chng. While the oscs are digital, it can sound quite analog when you want it to thanks to the 4PM analog filter. And thereā€™s quite alot of scope within the architechture!

+1 to Shruthi-1 if you want monophonic.
for poly, I have an Audiothingies P6 - wich is discontinued - but you can get the updated, expanded version - the (also already mentioned) Micromonstaā€¦ itā€™s an awesome synth for a great price, and you get 2+voices (8 total) plus wavetable synthesis (compared to the P6)

If you like the sound and can find it for under $400 US, the Dave Smith Evolver is great. Deep MIDI support, lots of routing and modulation options. Including ability to easily route common CCs (breath control, etc) within the synth so it even works pretty well with the more limited CC sequencing on the Monomachine. And it has MIDI Thru - something all too rare on smaller synths (and even a lot of larger ones). Supports program change.

Iā€™ve got the Korg Monologue on pre-order and hoping it shows up around the same time as my Octatrack. Korg hasnā€™t published its MIDI details yet though, which is a bummer, so donā€™t know if it will support program change but should hopefully have decent CC support. And at least it does have patch storage which the Volca Bass and Keys do not.

2 Likes