Chase Bliss & Meris CXM 1978 - a reverb, that is

All that said, if I hadn’t just bought a Deluge, I’d probably have pre ordered one of these :rofl:

1 Like

Been looking forward to demos of this since they mentioned it at NAMM. I love my Meris Mercury reverb. And if this is better i might fork up the cash for one. :slight_smile:

They really need to release a non motor fader version. Missing out on their target market here I think. Most of the cost is from that.

2 Likes

Yes, motorized faders are little odd design choise, because those have to pump up the price a quite bit. And in this case, i think many could as well live without them.

2 Likes

Hmm. This thing has some kind of delay going for it …

(eyeing my Tonal Recall while having coffee. slowly)

2 Likes

What a lovely lovely thing. Great to think people are making stuff like this . What a wonderful time to make music hey?

Got too many thing on my list for this to make it near the top at this price but I think it’s ace .

1 Like

That’s a fine piece of truth right there, my friend.

1 Like

Very pretty. VERY expensive.

2 Likes

It’s like buying an automatic movement watch. It’s beautiful to watch but the quartz watch gets the job done too.

3 Likes

@aloud you ask about hiss noise but withdraw your message? I read from somewhere that according to CB there is constant hiss if the pedal is in lofi-mode, but in hifi-mode there is no hiss.

But if i understood correctly, reverbs are shorter in hifi-mode.

1 Like

Thanks.

I withdrew my comment because I said that it sounds like there is noise already present before he engages the effect, but I listened to the demo again and that was not the case.

Like you said, no noise in hi-fi mode, some noise in standard mode (presumably this mode is closest to the original 224?), and lo-fi mode has plenty noise.

1 Like

First impressions video

This thing is not noisy at all.

Feels comical to me now how I was trying to judge it based on the knobs video, and it shows the pitfalls of listening to videos on the internet (to be clear I’m not criticising YouTube’s sound quality, more that knobs signal chain was obviously making it sound much noisier)

3 Likes

Sounds great. Reminds me a bit about the Polymoon, in all the good ways.

I wonder how flexible the actual hidden delay is on this thing? I kind of miss my Polymoon, wonder if this thing could be that and the reverb.

At 3x the cost of one Méris unit!

1 Like

Yes, it’s absurd, even for Chase Bliss.

Tho it has a lot going for it. Presets, eq on the tails, proper midi din ports with in and out, and that delay.

But yeah, and no :blush:

2 Likes

Motorised faders tho
“Object of desire”
Too rich for my blood though

3 Likes

Yep. When you rack’em up, the total amount isn’t insane, it’s just that you kind of need to want all of this for the price to make sense.

If this has the character of the Polymoon and the delay is flexible enough (time and tail is enough for me in that regard), it’s coming close to something I’d want. I can see myself selling my CB Tonal Recall and perhaps Generation Loss for this, using it as my main sprinkle of character when the Prophet 12 and Blackbox on their own won’t be enough to get there.

These things are impossible to tell from demos. I notice I can pick one up locally here and keep it open for two weeks before I decide. I might just try that, after New Year’s.

Irony here is I liked the Polymoon best where the delay tails gave the space and sense of a reverb. The delay itself, wasn’t exactly what I used it primarily for. So this venture might be the other side of that coin and if so, a good match for what I’d want in my sound.

This seems pretty awesome. But i would like a midi out. It seems that its only midi thru. Would love to be able to record the movements from the box it self, in stead of needing to control it with midi cc´s.

I have the Mercury7, and this seems like the next step up.

Absolutely… :upside_down_face:

1 Like