Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

I’d love to know, but that would be for another thread, maybe…

2 Likes

So I turned my gen loss on for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday. Tried running the microfreak through it, and I didn’t love the sound as much as I did on my first impressions. It could just be that the MF doesn’t sound as good through it, but it was surprisingly disappointing after giving myself some time away from it to let the shiny new feeling wear off. Something about the saturation just sounded odd and I didn’t like a lot of the models yesterday.

What did you play with MF, sequences, bass, lead, pads?
maybe sometimes less is more - especially with saturation.
The good thing with the models, you can activate no model :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

I actually tried a few things. Bass, pads, weird arps, lead sounds, init patch filtered down. I tried a variety of settings on the pedal as well. Honestly though it was more screwing around than serious experimentation as I have an injury and shouldn’t be doing very much anyway. When I’m able to devote a few hours to it I’m going to really do a deep dive with my peak or take 5.

1 Like

Where can i find your album @Tchu

1 Like

Here :

1 Like

How many other functions can this pedal replace? (Beyond the tape warble)

I’m counting saturation, chorus, kind of a delay?
What about compression?

Has anybody compared this pedal to the MPC Flavor Pro?

Delay?? How? What have I missed

I ended up selling my GL2. It sold within 10 mins of listing it. I listed it basically for what I paid for it plus shipping/Reverb costs.

I’ve found that I just don’t gel with lo-fi/bit reducer type pedals, but I keep buying them for some reason. The GL2’s capabilities are pretty amazing though, especially in a small box format.

1 Like

I’ll buy it, if you haven’t sold it on reverb yet

It’s already in the hands of the buyer. It sold within 10 minutes of listing on Reverb.

I don’t know, go 100% wet, saturation up, level down?

You have the warped vinyl, right?
How did you find the GL2 compared as a wobbly chorus? (Anyone else have opinions on that?) I might grab the last locally available WV.

I do have a WV MKII. When I was using the GL2 I found myself mostly trying to dial in sounds that I use the WV for. That’s one of the reasons I sold the GL2. I bought my WV direct from Joel when they were first released, and had them put red knobs on it. My Chase Bliss pedal was the original RKM pedal.

An old pic of my board circa ~ 2016

4 Likes

I love the WV. But it was made even better adding the GL2 after it or before it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will the levels be okay if I route the output of gen loss directly to syntakt inputs? Going with a slimmer set up due to space constraints and want to avoid using an interface if I can.

Edit: it worked

It has volume control so you should be able to set it to correct level?

2 Likes

Anyone around EU has been shipped recently ?

order 4593 shipped today. Earlier than was expected. I am in the US.

2 Likes