Chase Bliss Audio MOOD

I like that. That’s how I see it as well. So in context, I think the Mood’s not just for me, in that regard.

Starting to eye the Tonal Recall, though …

1 Like

Haha. I knew you were going to say that. I totally get it though. I love digesting your posts and & as a result i really get where your coming from.

2 Likes

Stop it!

3 Likes

Yeah, but you know, for the same reason the Mood might not be for me, the Tonal Recall could totally be :slight_smile: I love my Polymoon, for example.

Which is the only pedal I’ll have, if I ditch the Mood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you <3

1 Like

Go on then. :roll_eyes:

You’re making me add to my wants list again.

1 Like

Heavy use of the Mood here:

5 Likes

Don’t worry, it’ll be awhile😊can’t afford it just yet😊

1 Like

Really nice piece, mind explaining how the mood is integrated?

I also had one but returned within th 30 days. It was amazing and lost hours of jamming but ultimately I had no thoughts on how to use it to my advantage. Funny part is after I returned it I realized I never even tried it with the guitar.

3 Likes

The piece consist 4 Tracks.
Track 1 is a Monologue drone sound Looping on Mood that than i literally performed by tweaking the Mix and Pitch knobs on the Mood. Near the beginning you can hear the nice lowsample artifacts because of my Performance. I recorded that as the bas(s)ement Track. Track 2 is me playing the Monologue along that Bas(s)ment. Fxed by the Ventris and also tweaking the synth live while Recording.
Track 3 is another Monologue drone from the Mood Looping Just different Sound and differently performed.
Track 4 is the Monologue playing a drum sequence.
Both drone Tracks have the Default Setup:
The right Mood Channel is Looping into the left Channel doing Reverb.
Both going into the Ventris.

It Sure is Not a Tool for everyone, but i think If one really Takes some time to explore IT IS a very giving Machine.

1 Like

Can you get a nice lofi delay/reverb by turning down the clock? I think I head very brief snippets of that in the Chase Bliss demo video, but its not long enough to really tell if it would be usable.

Also - for those of you using with a synth, can you just plug line level directly into this? I’ve never been able to find a clear answer to whether this will work in general, and it sounds like although some pedals are designed for it and give you a switch for it, with others it just varies from pedal to pedal, and a lot of manufacturers don’t really explain whether it will work or not.

I’ve had no problem with monosynths like the grandmother/0coast, also no problem using one of the main outs on the digitone. I just always use a TS cable and not TRS

2 Likes

It can take a hot level. Of course, having a DI box (or is it Re-amp? I always get those two mixed up) is handy, but not required for the MOOD.

2 Likes

It can take a regular line out from a synth, no
problem. It sends back a pretty hot signal too, I’m resampling Bbox stuff thru it all the time. Admittedly, the Box is glowing, but it does fine with the slightly weaker Prophet12, too.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s what turning down the clock does, makes the sound more lo-fi

2 Likes

Yes Line Level works perfectly fine.
The Reverb/Delay does Not get LoFi, but If you pitch down a loop it very nicely bitcrushes the audio snippet. The other day i tried it with a drumloop which also creates interesting results.
I still cant get my head around what it needs to Connect Something Like a Digitakt by Midi to the Mood?

1 Like

It certainly does!

This single knob is a global control for the clock that controls the recording and playback for each channel.

Each channel meaning the left and right sides of the pedal.

2 Likes

It does? I thought that this is from Pitch Up/down?

The irony. Scored a gig just now where I figured, hoo-kay, the Mood’s just perfect for this. So, yeah. That guy right below this line of text? That’s me. :point_down:
:clown_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s really helpful. I’ve been looking at a few chase bliss pedals and hadn’t really considered the Mood, but it looks pretty fun.