Changing A4 patterns from OT

hello I see that this topic has been covered before but Im not understanding it yet. I would like to change the patterns I’ve made within A4 from OT (as opposed to sending midi sequences from OT). this is something im fairly certain I was doing when I first got the A4 and now ironically can’t figure it out.

I was about to post this question last weekend but read through previous posts instead to no avail. and now RANDOMLY the OT just started doing it by itself. switching between patterns 4-16 on OT (patterns I haven’t programmed yet) are all of a sudden switching the corresponding patterns on A4. I would really like to know how to set this up intentionally.
thanks!

Really randomly? Normally either this feature is enabled or not.

On the OT: MIDI->SYNC->PROG CH SEND
On the A4: MIDI CONFIG->SYNC->PRG CH RECEIVE

Then whenever you change to a different pattern on the OT, the A4 changes to the corresponding pattern, too. Of course the scale settings on the OT and A4 pattern must match, so they change in sync (especially the change length setting).

1 Like

@william1

Also ensure that the MIDI channel for sending these Program Change messages from OT to AF is the same number.

1 Like

thanks guys! as always, much appreciated! I must have not had the pro ch receive set up on my previous projects.

1 Like