Change Elektron Samples Patterns with external instrument?

I wanted to ask if anyone (this is sort of similar) knows how to do this: the manual is still unclear to me or maybe is what i want to do with an external midi controller not possible:
1.) (first the manual way to change a pattern on the Elektron Samples is to Press both the PATTERN + the TRIG number key, then it plays the new pattern of trigs)

2.) The manual says Elektron Samples can change a pattern by a Midi Program Change message to change the pattern. But HOW!? lol. It says all this stuff about keys hold 0-95 and all this and F0 to so on.

3.) All i want to know if if an external midi keyboard controller with a press of one key or can i setup some device with one key press , or like a macro to (dawless with hardware only) to make the Elektron Samples switch to a TRIG pattern number key that i want to manually progress a live set or song forward from TRIG 1 to TRIG 2 lets say, but setting up some channel on midi external instrument to do this, or is a program message require more than just this? I dont fee lively in presence on stage if its just automation pattern chaining.

Sincerely, i appreciate anyones wisdom and hail mary here.

It’s not in a terribly obvious place in the manual, but it’s there, on p.20.

MIDI program change messages 0–95 selects pattern 1–96 (A01–F16) on the Model:Cycles.

Please check this thread :smiley:

1 Like