Challenge: analog modelling

Hi,

Following Rolands own emulation I recently posted a kit in the files section in which I tried to emulate the 303 by creatively using macro’s to simulate the range and effect of the knobs on the original device.

Someone challenged me to do the same for the sh-101. This too will be in the files section shortly.

Hereby I challenge you, fellow Elektronauts, to come up with emulations of your favourite synths/drm machines: use the performance macro’s to behave like a (selection of) knobs of the original device, and share those kits in the files section.

Analog modelling in stead of digital modelling!

11 Likes

If you dig back a while my Swarmatron patch is in the file section. Currently i’m working on a Moog inspired one.

3 Likes

First go at the analog101 kit:

analog101.syx (2.6 KB) (Kit sysex: sound and performance macro)

Not quite happy with it yet. Still have to study a bit more on video’s of the sh-101 to get a feel of the ranges of the knobs on that thing. All suggestions are welcome.

4 Likes

How did i missed this for a week? note to himself, works less, play more.

i tried it out just know and after some tweaking i got some really raw sounds like i would “expect” so you sure are on the right track.

but i got also an unpredictable element, like some filter sweep and couldnt control it.
Gonna try some more with it.

if u ever need a sound example from the SH101 … I have one here and happy to upload a reference audio

Thanks. I’m a pretty new user with the a4 (subtractive synthesis)
and using the performance macros was a minor paradigm shift.

3 Likes

The range and spread of the parameter on knobs on many synths are often an annoyance to me, eg the minibrute is a great sounding synth, but the range of the env controls is pretty worthless to me on quick sounds…

I think it’s a great thing that A4 allows you to define ten knobs completely by yourself.

If the paradigm shift brings you some interesting new insights, please do share! :slight_smile:

2 Likes