Ch. len 0

So a friend of mine’s main complaint about the DT is that you can’t instantaneously change patterns. And i was like “yeah you can you just change the CH. LEN to 0” but i just tried and you actually can’t. THe lowest it will go is “2”. So my question is why can’t you change it below 2 you figure that would be something well within the scope of the DT and also has anybody figured out an end around for this?

its usually a useful feature if you are triggering the drum samples/patterns from an external sequencer. You can increase the master multiplier i think. and that would give you a quick trnsition?

1 Like

The only way to have instant pattern change is to copy the next pattern while the current one is playing and paste when you want the change to happen, it requires more thought in that you need to know your pattern locations but it will give you seamless changes.

1 Like

The only workaround is to use multimap on devices that supports it or use any kind of midi processor to send a program change then stop the sequencer then restart. I’ve made a little video about that using a midihub, if you are interested I’ll send you the link.

1 Like

Wait. Digi says his way is the only way to do it, then Kaos says his way is the only way…

Does this mean there are multiple ways to do it?

1 Like

Yup, just above my post I learnt a new way…

Machinedrum and analog keys have pattern per note I believe…
Then you have multimap on AK,DN,A4.
Dunno for AR, MnM and DT.
Then you have midi processor trick, especially used with OT because it has none of the above and have transport by midi note.

I personally used the midi processor trick with the DN because multimap is only active when you are in the menu, which is pretty useless imho…

And then you have the copy past trick.

That gives choices… :slightly_smiling_face:

Please do!!!

MP ! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok so I just bought an A4 MKI and the direct change function got me thinking about this again. So I looked up this thread to try y’alls suggestions and holy shit I had no idea you could copy a pattern while the another pattern is running. Not exactly the same thing as direct change but definitely pretty cool.

Also come on elektron give us direct change on the digi’s for Christ sake you can’t tell me that it’s not possible programing wise.

I’m waiting for a time when an elektron machine allowes pattern change per track, instant.
:smiley:

Perhaps the mighty syntakt will show us where the hammer hängt!

1 Like