Cenk's Syntakt review

As someone who is on my second day as a Syntakt owner, I downloaded Cenk’s files from his Syntakt Experience and had missed the fact that he included a video walkthrough and, more importantly, a review of the Syntakt. In case you haven’t seen it, it’s well worth watching.

Cenk is obviously an ex-Elektron employee, and he’s voicing his personal opinions here - but I still think they carry a bit more weight and I’m hopeful that Elektron is listening! Some points that I thought were interesting and give me some hope for future updates:

• More machines - the sounds are great, but they’re mostly the tried and true from M:C and AR. Cent would like to see more flavors/timbres and think we’d all love that.
  • Polyphony - he suggested the ability to group 2-3 tracks and have them share the same synth engine and cycling note polyphony. It’s a great idea along the lines of how it’s done on the Digitone. It’s certainly technically possible and would make a lot of sense.
  • 8-bar sequencer loops - I’ve wanted this since the day I first got my hands on a DN.
  • More sequencer features - He doesn’t mention things specifically, other than some “random” notes, but he mentioned this in the context of the current sequencer being too limited, and the lack of an arp making it hard to go down to 1/2 speed since you lose resolution.
  • Some limitations of Ctrl+All - He specifically mentions how knob E tends to mess up with the Chords machine, so the general idea here is to have a bit more control over which tracks/knobs are included in a ctrl+all sweep.

These requests are all in line with their own mantra of “Drum and melody. In full fusion.” Let’s hope someone at Elektron is paying attention!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dataline’s Syntakt Experience