CENK method, what am i doing wrong?

he lays down recording trigs on the thru track and then changed the thru track to a flex track on PART2 which is pre-assigned to the track recording buffer.

it SHOULD be seamless transition from part to part, but i get this strange “rewind” noise-stop until it comes back around to the trig on 1 and starts like it should, whenever i change PART.

So i figured out how to get the recording into buffer with one shot trig and how to put down the trigs to playback the sample buffer, but WHY the odd behaviour when trans from one part to the other?

some non-helpful dudebro tried to explain to me the EZbot method, but i’m NOT trying to use scenes and the xfader to do this, i need to do it on PARTS as i use all my other tracks for sample playback.

2 Likes

It could be anything, there are a myriad of ways this could be set up and it’s hard for third parties to help you troubleshoot when you’re referring to an educational tool that is behind a paywall. This could be a big part of why you’re not getting responses you consider to be helpful.

5 Likes

i put it on a forum of users, with the hope that someone who knows what they are talking about will chime in, rather than a bunch of people who have no clue just repeating they have no clue…

i understand this is an “advanced” technique, but CENK can’t be the only person in the world doing this? and hopefully he will chime in, if he sees the issue i’m having?

2 Likes

You’re referring to a specific method that needs to be set up in a specific way. Why can’t you contact him directly, surely he’s willing to offer support if you paid for an educational resource that isn’t working for you?

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about this video tutorial, so all I can do is make educated guesses.

Maybe some setting in the flex machine is making it “catch up” to the state it needs to be in the part it belongs to. While the description of the “rewind” sound is not helpful, and it would be great if you provided a sample of that to have a better idea, my guess it that it sounds like pitch and tempo speeding up (in reverse perhaps - is that why it sounds like it “rewinds”?), and that makes me think that it is possible that some setting in the flex machine results in this. Kind of like it is “morphing” from one machine to another, LOL…

here’s what @Hosanna said about that same video in another thread, hardly a step by step breakdown but is this what you’re doing? Maybe when they have time, they’ll also chime in about this.

( I am the one who posted the video there, hosanna just commented about it.)

3 Likes

you’re probably right, he probably will answer if i send him a question about it.

forgive me, i thought an user board with a bunch of people who seemingly know what they are talking about might be able to help me, quicker than CENK email.

and maybe other people want to know how as well? i guess not

oops, my bad…

this is what i am trying to do, but i’m sure that i’m missing something in one of the REC pages or something in the PARTs that i’m not settup up right.

I’m sure that i am missing something about how to set it up correctly, thus it does play back the way it’s supposed to, but not until the sequence comes back to trig1

Don’t get cute. I’m just letting you know why you might not be getting the help you expect.

It’s good to discuss method here but I assume Cenk may be reluctant to run through the details in a public forum given that he makes a living from sales of his instructional videos.

7 Likes

They might have until they read through this dumpster fire of a thread.

5 Likes

It really is too bad people with zero expertise or knowledge of the situation feel the need to chime in all the time, with non helpful answers to technical questions.

This is very much a technical question about a complex machine that many of us own, and a LOT of people who don’t know shit about it, seem to feel then need to chime in all the time, and they are the ones making it a “dumpster fire” thank you very much.

These people are TRYING TO HELP YOU! Maybe they aren’t succeeding at it. But you are being an asshole. And it especially looks bad when you are like “hey I don’t know how to do this thing, can anyone help?” And people are like “maybe this will help?” And you’re like “fuck you, that’s not what I wanted!”

5 Likes

there’s a difference between people trying to help, and people being a smartass with no answers. the people who i am giving snide remarks to are NOT trying to help me, in any way.

Please show me where this person was “trying to be helpful” with their “dumpster fire” comment?

1 Like

You reap what you sow friend.

2 Likes

Please show me where this person was “trying to be helpful” with their “dumpster fire” comment.

you got a funny definition of “being helpful” if you think they were doing that.

Hmmm, I feel like I shouldn’t had tried to help nor replied to this thread. I can now get a feeling for what may have happened on Discord.

For the sake of at the very least try address the subject and to put interpersonal communications, or lack there of, aside, I tried to replicate the setup, and I see and hear what @isaac_anthony is referring to.

I am going to try a few things and see what happens. That said, I do have to admit that I do not see the point of switching parts to make a track switch between a thru machine, and a flex machine that uses a record buffer. I am also questioning if that is what this CENK person is actually doing. I mean, I can see that parts are being switched, but I’m not sure if parts are being switched while record buffer is being filled.

5 Likes

So when interacting with you everyone needs to be helpful and useful. And if you make a remark essentially saying that we don’t know shit, and you expect us to continue to be deferential. You are not behaving in the manner you expect everyone else to.

4 Likes

bro, the dude who i responded to literally only came here to say this is a “dumpster fire”

how exactly would you respond to that? and again, how is it MY BAD, when i am RESPONDING to someone being a dick?

i 1000% feel justified being a dick back, when they just tell me the thread is a “dumpster fire” and nothing else. Like how am i supposed to be nice to this person, and why?

In the mean time, why don’t we all back off, walk away for a bit, and chill? It looks like we are all trying to trump each other for no reason at all. I am sure we all have better things to do that to argue.

4 Likes

this place used to be so different… give OP a break they’re trying to do something fairly complicated. all the people crying foul should not post anything if they have nothing helpful to say. Stop being so soft and keep it moving

1 Like