CC from external MIDI keyboard through Digitakt to Digitone

Hi All,
I have an Arturia KeyLab configured to use the faders to set - for example - the A/B/C ratios on the Digitone. It works ok when the KeyLab is connected directly in Digitone’s MIDI IN.

Then, I put a Digitakt in the middle, to use as the main sequencer. The KeyLab goes in Digitak’s MIDI IN and Digitakt’s MIDI OUT goes into the Digitone’s MIDI IN. I can still play the notes from the KeyLab, but all the CC messages seem to be lost.

Am I missing something in the settings of any of the devices? If not, how do I make both the Digitakt and the KeyLab play the Digitone, the first for sequencing and the second for live improv, including the CC’s?

Thanks,

G.

The Digitakt does not pass the ccs to the midi out. You have to configure the ccs you want to control on the digitakts midi page and control them via cc 70-77 from your keylab. So you are limited to 8 ccs if you don‘t want to split or merge the midi stream.

1 Like

Thanks, I understand it now. It works nice for ratio C and A, but B is troublesome.

On the Digitone manual ratio B is different than C and A, and defined as two CC values, MSB of 16 and LSB of 48.

I can’t get the KeyLab to pass to the Digitakt to pass to the Digitone a reasonable set of values, it jumps from 0.25/0.25 straight to 12.0/4.0 to 7.0/11.00… wtf :slight_smile:

Any suggestion? Thanks!

G.

I think the first value (cc msb) is the fine value and the second value (cc lsb) is the fine value. So in combination with those two you should be able to reach every value of the parameter.